Senior Payroll Specialist - Country Lead German or French
- Krakow, Poland
As a Finance & Administration Business Associate you'll be a trusted business advisor. You'll have the opportunity to position IBM for long-term financial growth delivering analysis, and providing insight and innovation into the business. You'll be redefining how we manage our organization and how we work while achieving budgeted targets and ensuring the delivery of a high quality product.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What makes IBM BTO unique:
- global communication: want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you!
- flexibility: employee development matters to us, that's why every vacancy is open for internal recruitment
- diversity: different nationalities united in one team
- initiative: have ideas for improvements? We want to hear them!
As Senior Payroll Specialist, depending on the specifics of the assigned countries, your primary responsibility will be the coordination of work of Payroll Specialists to ensure the accurate and timely execution of end to end payroll processing for the assigned country/set of countries.
You will be performing tasks related to execution of end to end payroll processing and any other payroll processes for the assigned country/set of countries with the objective to stay connected with the process or be able to act as backup for Payroll Specialist. Corresponding customer service will be supported by you primarily by handling more complex or sensitive queries or advising Payroll Specialist on queries assigned to them.
Your role will include close collaboration with the customer, payroll stakeholders and third party providers.
People successful in this role demonstrate the solid payroll knowledge, strong skills to coordinate and arrange the work of others, ability to perform the tasks in compliance with existing procedures, strong customer focus, excellent communication skills as well as the proactiveness.
I. Scope of responsibilities
- Deliver the highest quality of service in payroll operations by executing all activities in compliance with existing procedures, legal regulations and customer requirements
- Process any payroll data in accordance with legal, IBM and the customer requirements related to personal data protection
- In the role of Country Lead:
- Coordinate the execution of monthly payroll processing or other payroll processes for the assigned countries
- Perform the required timeliness and accuracy checks
- Act as a primary point of contact for the customer's compliance team and the relevant country owner
- In the role of Payroll Specialist:
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of end to end payroll processing
- Partner with the customer's stakeholders to resolve any issues related to payroll inputs
- Carry out the validation of payroll transactions and collaborate with payroll stakeholders to resolve any issues
- Process payroll payments in the bank system including any controls and initiate the treasury release
- Monitor the status of payroll payments and handle the rejections
- Perform any statutory / compliance activities (registration of new employees, filing of tax returns, etc.) as required for the assigned countries / Monitor their execution by third party provider
- Collaborate with the customer to reply to any queries or requests from the local authorities / Collaborate with the customer and third party provider reply to any queries or requests from the local authorities
- Perform the tasks supporting the accounting function: generate the journals, reply to queries, provide copies of documents
- Execute the process of electronic gPayslips handling
- Communicate any risks to payroll processing or deadlines in accordance with escalation paths
- Report the status of payroll activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Support year end processes or any other country specific processes not related to monthly payroll runs
- Collaborate with the customer to provide information and documents needed for the internal and external audits
- Initiate and actively support any continuous improvement activities or other process and/or tools improvements using the existing change management channels
- Request DTP updates if required
Payroll Customer Service:
- Deliver the highest quality of service in helpdesk area by proper interaction and engagement, accuracy of provided information, timely resolution and overall management of queries from the customer's employees, the customer or third parties
- Actively take part in any activities focused on continuous improvement of customer service
- Execute all activities in compliance with existing procedures
- Ensure helpdesk scenarios are up to date
- Act as Ops Lead for the assigned projects related to assigned countries or minor/medium changes in the process
- Monitor the changes in the local legal regulations and work with the customer to ensure they are reflected in payroll systems and documentation
- Keep the knowledge of processes and country specific information up to date by attending recurring courses or any other training activities as well as using existing documentation
- Act as back-up for team members and/or additional functions as assigned by supervisor
- Act as a trainer for assigned trainer-delivered, workshadow or recurring courses
We guarantee you:
- job contract
- the opportunity to participate in training and language courses
- an extensive benefits package (Multisport, OK System, private medical healthcare, life insurance, cinema tickets)
- an induction training that will allow you to smoothly transition into your new role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- previous experience in payroll or compensation & benefits operations (2-3 years on independent position)
- knowledge of Swiss payroll regulations
- curiosity and need to understand both the details and the context
- quick learner with a desire for continuous improvement
- sense of ownership of assigned tasks
- fluent command of English that enables clear and concise communication
- Good command of German or French language enabling payroll related communication
- excellent organization and management of own work
- ability to coordinate the execution of payroll cycle
- accuracy and attention to details
- ability to cope with different situations, different requirements, uncertainty and pressure of time
- attitude to view problems as issues to be solved rather than obstacles
- good knowledge and practice in using MS Office
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- fluent German or French
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top