Senior Payroll Analyst English
As Senior Payroll Analyst you will be responsible for executing payroll processes for the assigned set of countries in any of the regions. The set usually includes one big and a couple of small or medium sized countries and corresponding customer service. The assignment of countries may change on a regular basis to ensure the proper backup plan.
Gross to net processing for those countries is done by third party providers and as Senior Payroll Analyst you will be required to collaborate with them closely to ensure the customer's employees are paid on time and accurately.
This role will provide you with direct exposure to the customer and will require close collaboration with the customer's payroll team.
The tasks related to payments handling or compliance monitoring and assigned to you may vary depending on the region or between the countries.
People successful in this role demonstrate the ability to perform the tasks in compliance with existing procedures, strong customer focus, excellent communication skills, ability to coordinate execution of payroll cycle as well as the proactiveness.
Scope of responsibilities
- Deliver the highest quality of service in payroll operations by executing all activities in compliance with existing procedures and customer requirements
- Process any payroll data in accordance with legal, IBM and the customer requirements related to personal data protection
- Ensure the timeliness of payroll processing (sending inputs to payroll services providers, approving payrolls)
- Ensure the timeliness of payroll payments processing (requesting uploads and payments releases, initiating manual payments, uploading payroll payments into the bank system, monitoring the rejected payments)
- Carry out the validation of payroll inputs and the reconciliation of output files and properly handle any discovered errors/discrepancies
- Monitor execution of compliance activities if required
- Perform any activities related to electronic payslips handling
- Communicate any risks to payroll process or deadlines in accordance with escalation paths
- Interact with employees, client, payroll stakeholders or third party providers to process payroll data and ensure the correct and timely pay
- Report the status of payroll cycle in a timely and accurate manner
- Support year end processes or any other country specific processes not related to monthly payroll cycle
- Initiate and actively supporting any continuous improvement activities or other process and/or tools improvements using the existing change management channels
- Request DTP updates if required
Payroll Customer Service:
- Deliver the highest quality of service in helpdesk area by proper interaction and engagement, accuracy of provided information, timely resolution and overall management of queries from the customer's employees, the customer or third parties
- Actively take part in any activities focused on continuous improvement of customer service
- Execute all activities in compliance with existing procedures
- Ensure helpdesk scenarios are up to date
- Coordinate the execution of payroll cycle or year end projects for the assigned set of countries
- Act as Ops Lead for the assigned projects related to assigned countries or minor/medium changes in the process
- Keep the knowledge of processes and country specific information up to date by attending recurring courses or any other training activities as well as using existing documentation
- Act as back-up for team members and/or additional functions as assigned by supervisor
- Act as a trainer for assigned trainer-delivered, workshadow or recurring courses
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- fluent command of English that enables clear and concise communication
- previous experience in payroll or compensation & benefits operations (2-3 years on independent position)
- curiosity and need to understand both the details and the context
- quick learner with a desire for continuous improvement
- sense of ownership of assigned tasks
- good command of another foreign language
- excellent organization and management of own work
- ability to coordinate the execution of payroll cycle
- accuracy and attention to details
- ability to cope with different situations, different requirements, uncertainty and pressure of time
- attitude to view problems as issues to be solved rather than obstacles
- good knowledge and practice in using MS Office
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- knowledge of Polish payroll
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top