Senior Openshift Architect
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Services Open Source team is an elite team in IBM Services. It leads and enables the world's largest IT consulting arm to embrace the OpenShift technology in developing cloud based applications.
We are looking for architects with extensive experience of OpenShift. Join us to learn new technologies and expand your core base of expertise while help integrating IBM and Open Source technologies through real world engagement. In this role, you will lead cloud application implementation on top of OpenShift. You will play a key role in our customers' evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses. You'll work to gain an understanding of customer infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions. You'll then build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications.
- Provide Domain Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing with OpenShift; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use OpenShift as PaaS to build solutions; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries
- Drive OpenShift solution architecture in discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future OpenShift technologies
- Handle problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions
- Work to harvest standard methodologies and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings
- Explore and develop new technical skills, absorbing professional knowledge quickly.
The primary teams that you will work with are IBM GBS Developers & Designers, GBS Application Architects, Customer Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and infrastructure SMEs.
Make a difference. Join IBM.
Stay connected by subscribing to the IBM jobs blog (blog.ibm.jobs) for career insights, news and the latest job opportunities.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience with cloud solutions in OpenShift with certification or willingness to take it in short term
- Experience in technical consulting
- Experience in building cloud applications, application development or application modernization
- Experience with Containers, Microservices, and Dev/Ops
- Development experience in Java and other languages
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Knowledge of application architecture (application servers, integration patterns, microservices, JEE, CI/CD, build management etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Superb interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with customers every day in English
- Solid project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Any relevant certifications applicable to the above requirements are desirable
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top