Senior Open Source Support Solution Consultant / Architect (m/f)
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. As we tackle the world's biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
IBM Global Technology Services in DACH is looking for a high-performing Senior Open Source Support Solution Consultant / Architect.
Capture customer business, technology and maintenance needs using a variety of techniques and sales-driven activities to
- generate a transformation journey from existing infrastructure to innovative Open Source SW based approach
- add customized Open Source SW based support solutions that better meet customer needs
- and offer added values for the customer to accelerate its implementation.
- conduct customer discussions to capture customer needs and possible starting points for new architecture and service offers based on Open Source SW technologies
- create and present complete technical proposals to customers, addressing complex requirements, designing value-driven architectures and explaining the transformation process and business effects
- prepare Statements of Work (SOW) where Open Source Services are part of the solution
- support the Sales team by delivering compelling recommendations and solutions which directly results in deal closings
- serve as a technical point of contact for existing and prospective customers and the Sales team
- research and write the responses to technical sections of requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposal (RFPs)
- form relationships with customer technical associates to identify new opportunities
- lead the gathering of architecture, design, and presentation of solutions to meet the needs of prospective customers in conjunction with Open Source Services solutions
- guide and lead pre-sales pilots, demonstrations, proofs of concepts, evaluation, and benchmarks
Extensive experience in enterprise technology and solutions for customers in various industrial markets, preferably containers and hybrid cloud solutions and related proactive and reactive services:
- Knowledge of the latest trends, practices, and techniques in Open Source enterprise application development and infrastructure adoption/management including DevOps and cloud-native application development
- Appreciation of IT trends and future heading and their impact on business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial, and executive levels
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to create customer technology adoption roadmaps and break down complex solutions into clearly defined Open Source Services adoption journeys
- Ability to catalyze and foster communities within solutions architecture teams, enabling knowledge sharing and innovation
- Willingness to travel up to 25 %
- Excellent knowledge of the benefits and challenges associated with Open Source software in the enterprise space is preferred
- Have broad technical knowledge of the Open Source solutions from across the JBoss Middleware portfolio, Platform-as-a-Solution (PaaS)-related technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenStack Platform), DevOps tools, and more
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate the value of Open Source solutions across technology and solutions spaces, including platform, middleware, cloud and virtualization and services
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Cloud, IT Service, Open Source Software Technical support role
- Open Source related application development experience is a plus
- Python/C/C++/Shell development experience is a plus
- IT consultant and architect experience of cloud and open source business and project delivery/implementation
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top