Senior Network Services Specialist
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to create breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Business Unit Introduction :
IBM Watson Health represents a new partnership between humanity and technology. The era of cognitive healthcare is here. It's time to transform health with new ways of working to improve approaches to care, productivity and well-being.
IBM Watson Health's cognitive systems understand, reason and learn - helping to translate information into knowledge that can help drive more informed decision-making. With cognitive computing, we can see and analyze more data than ever before - and achieve more than we ever thought possible.
IBM Watson Health offers complete end-to-end value based solutions to optimize performance, engage consumers, deliver effective care and manage entire patient populations. It provides robust data integration and aggregation competency, risk-stratified analytics, performance measurement reporting, care management and care coordination tools, and patient engagement solutions that help enable every member of the care team to function at the highest level. Our exclusive innovation in cognitive computing enhances and accelerates expertise while facilitating collaboration and containing cost. This translates to a streamlined approach to managing population health for you and your health system.
Who you are:
The Senior Network Engineer will support projects and customers at IBM WATSON.
Designing and implementing functional network infrastructure and also this position focuses on managing and maintaining network devices and applications
What you'll do:
- Implement and support Checkpoint Firewall infrastructure solutions for the business.
- Implement and support F5 Load Balancer infrastructure solutions for the business.
- Implement and support Cisco Nexus and ACI LAN environments.
- Work with various teams from all Watson Healthcare divisions to support custom netowork solutions.
- Triage major product outages and problems with all teams involved in issue.
How we'll help you grow:
- You have opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8 years in Data Center Networking with emphasis on Cisco LAN/WAN and Checkpoint Firewalls
- Experience implementing WAN solutions including understanding of all routing protocols, cisco router and firewall configurations and telco vender procedures.
- Experience implementing and supporting Cisco LAN technologies- Nexus and ACI.
- Experience implementing and supporting Checkpoint Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Juniper Netscreen)
- Experience implementing and supporting F5 load balancers.
- Experience working with complex applications and troubleshooting complex network issues.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to network hardware, L3/L2 deployment, application behaviors and TCP stack.
- Understanding of Network Infrastructure and topology, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, IPv4, VPN and Network Monitoring tools.
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools.
- Experience in any one of below Networking Tools - Splunk , Sevone Cisco ACS , Cisco Prime, Gigamon Packet Capture .
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top