Senior Medical Writer
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, rarely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we build. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're encouraged to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Business Unit introduction:
IBM Watson Health - Leader in health and life sciences, is groundbreaking a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health. Cognitive systems that understand reason and learn are helping people expand their knowledge base, improve their productivity and deepen their expertise. With cognitive computing, we are now able to see health data that previously hidden, and do more than we ever thought possible. IBM Watson is improving the health of people around the world with the usage of IBM Curam solutions which empowers organizations to collaborate around client needs and offer more effective ways to achieve desired health and social goals. It offers full life cycle support for managing health , social programs from needs to outcomes.
The IBM Watson Health Division within the India Software Labs has new and exciting roles in the Curam team. There are a wide range of opportunities in Social programs and Smarter Care development. The Curam Product Development group & Curam Services group within IBM is responsible for the research, design, development, release, and support of our market-leading products for Health and Human Services. We continuously strive to be creative and look at improving our suite of products to meet current and future market demands. Product Development is mainly done out of the labs in Dublin, Ireland, and Bangalore, India. The Curam product offerings are best-in-class from both a functional and technical perspective.
Who you are:
The Sr Medical Writer position in Watson Health Life Sciences - Custom Data Analytics group provides key support in literature review, research report, and manuscript writing for Outcomes Research projects conducted on behalf of pharmaceutical and medical device customers.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Medical Writer, you will collaborate with the Research Leaders and Analysts and -
- Review study results and summarize findings through text, tables and graphs.
- Draft study reports in Microsoft Word and/or PowerPoint slides
- Draft poster content and sections of manuscripts
- Proofread study reports and manuscripts
- Conduct web-based research of medical literature to support study protocol and manuscript development
- Format manuscripts to meet journal submission requirements
- Perform additional writing and editing duties as assigned
- IBM in-house coaching and mentoring, you will have access to experts and education materials for you to grow constantly.
- Our research projects are well-designed, scientifically rigorous studies that have been published in many peer-reviewed journals
- Flexible work environment to explore new areas of your interests
- Able to work and learn with diverse teams consists of dedicated and passionate researchers who are leaders in conducting innovative health economics & outcomes research
- Opportunity to work with our staffs is well published and experienced in getting client messages into conferences and publications
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3+ years work experience writing research reports and/or manuscripts based on quantitative research studies, preferably in the healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industries
- Experience with manuscript and poster development;previous publication record is highly desirable
- Experience with conducting systematic literature review, able to interpret and summarize epidemiological, clinical, and health economic information from articles
- Working knowledge in Pharmacoeconomics, epidemiology, and statistical analysis
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top