Senior Managing Consultant, Consumer Industry Center of Competence
IBM's Consumer Industry Center of Competence (CoC) is a global team of consultants with deep industry expertise that works to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's eminence in the Retail, Consumer Products, and Fashion industries.
CoC consultants are part of the global Consumer Industry leadership team, and work face-to-face with clients to address their business, operations, and technology challenges as they reinvent themselves for the future.
We are seeking visionary industry professionals with a high degree of passion, intellectual curiosity, and deep hands-on expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital Business / Operations
- Consumer Marketing and Customer Engagement
- Product / Category Management
- Retail Merchandising
- Supply Chain (Planning and/or Execution)
- Store Operations
- Enterprise Data and Analytics
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Sales and Proposal Management : Establishing project vision and objectives with the client. assisting the proposal team in the development of client-specific solutions, definition of project scope and approach, ; and preparing responses to Requests for Information (RFIs) and/or Requests for Proposal (RFPs), IBM contracts, and/or Statements of Work (SOWs).
Project Delivery : Performing a leadership role on client projects, including early stages of client delivery, transition to long-term delivery team(s), leading individual workstreams, creating and/or reviewing project deliverables; conducting worksessions and presentations with client senior executives; and identifying and securing new and follow-on engagements.
Client Visioning : Planning, scoping, and conducting client workshops to discuss their business / operational issues, share IBM Points of View (PoVs) and solutions, and identify specific opportunities to be pursued.
People Management : Managing junior consultants as part of a client engagement and/or mentoring them to help their career progression and development of industry knowledge and skills.
Relationship Management: Developing and managing internal IBM and external / industry senior executive relationships; demonstrating an executive presence with the ability to establish credibility from the first meeting.
Thought Leadership and Knowledge Management : Developing and/or managing intellectual capital throughout client engagements and internal projects; establishing personal eminence, internally within IBM and externally in the industry.
This position will require frequent domestic and/or international travel.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Extensive experience working in the Consumer Products, Retail, or Fashion industries in one or more of the above-listed functional areas
- Consulting experience, preferably at a large consulting firm, with hands-on experience in sales, proposal development, and delivery of large-scale business, operations, and/or technology projects
- A passion to "go deep" on one or more of IBM's strategic initiative areas, e.g. AI, Blockchain, IoT, Cloud, Mobile, and/or Digital Reinvention TM
- A strong desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Proficiency in, or desire to develop, basic Watson / AI programming competencies
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top