Senior Managing Consultant
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security is looking for experienced Security Specialistsfor a Managing Security Consultant roleto lead and drive a variety of engagements for some of our most important Clients. This is an opportunity to work at the front line of cyber security delivering value to leading organizations with the support of one of the world's leading technology and security organizations.
As an experienced member of our security business, you will work in our advisory practice helping our Clients understand their security challenges and then specify, plan and execute projects to improve their security posture. The role calls for a proven record in the cyber security industry with experience in security technology, processes or operations. Specialized knowledge of specific sectors would be of interest.
These engagements will encompass the full end to end cycle, from initial client engagement, through assessments and road-mapping, to longer term engagement in an advisory capacity. Working for IBM you'll be dealing with end-to-end security, with an incredibly varied portfolio that aims to provide and deliver a holistic approach for Security Services.
This promises a fast-paced environment with innovative thinking right at its heart, with a broad range of industries and challenges on offer. IBM Security Services has a global security team of professionals, and we're expanding our services to meet the increase in demand we are seeing across all sectors of industry. It also has some world leading capability and services from the IBM Institute for Advanced Security and the X-Force team to leading products and services. IBM Security Servicesworks alongside IBM Security Systems who have a portfolio of industry leading security software products across many areas, including QRadar, Resilient, Guardium and IBM Security Identity and Access Management.
Candidates will be able to apply a consulting approach to clients concerns and issues and will use knowledge gained from previous roles, experiences and engagements, IBM's intellectual capital, knowledge of the market/industry, and own research to address clients' security challenges.
Projects are based across Turkey, often on client premises.
- Provide leadership to the Security Services delivery teams and direct teams to develop program / project strategies and Participate in project delivery, to varying degrees depending on project complexity to meet deliverables and Client expectations,
- Manage quality of Security Services provided by the delivery team(s), and track and report on service level performance by the operations teams
- Design Security Consulting/ Services Solutions using IBM Security Services capabilities/ offerings and work as an integral part of a sales team as a Security Consultant,
- Oversee delivery operations in the account - including reviewing delivery of services to scope and defined schedule, coordinating resources and contract changes, managing Client expectations and satisfaction, communicating effectively and consistently with Client and IBM stakeholders on program status and/or issues, bringing thought leadership or sharing best practices with the Client on topics of interest,
- Play a significant role in long-term Security strategy and planning including initiatives geared toward operational excellence
- Build, manage and drive client relationships, becoming a long-term trusted advisor for all security matters.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- This position requires demonstrating solution design & delivery leadership and Consulting leadership and deep knowledge in more than at least 2 of the core security domains: Security Strategy Risk and Compliance, Identity Access Management, SOC / Security Operations, Application and Data Security, Infrastructure & Endpoint Security, Incident Response, Red team testing and Technical security assessments, IT & Security Audits. (at minimum experience in SOC is preferred),
- At least 7 years of overall experience driving large complex Security projects or audits to successful completion from delivery perspective.
- At least 5 years' experience working in projects or audits related to the core domains defined in responsibilities
- Extensive experience and knowledge of IT security
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- English: Fluent
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 8 years' experience in working with security consulting teams
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Other Security Certifications (CISM, CISA, OSCP etc.)
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top