Senior Linux Administrator
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of and access to our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your future made with IBM
IBM Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice is now hiring!
Experience new and diverse professional challenges. Take your career further with IBM's Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice. Be part of a multicultural team that helps our clients to transform how their IT services are delivered. You will discover a friendly team-focused environment: an inspiring workplace that provides an open and collaborative culture. Enjoy varied and challenging work - and grow your expertise through training and career development tailored to you. Shape your future by joining a global team that has driven client success for more than 100 years.
Our team supports several external customers and Shared IBM infrastructure, we are working on test and production environments, take part in environment migrations. We are involved in working with a variety of technologies. Currently we are looking for candidates for Senior Linux Administrator job position.
This role specialty is performed by technical professionals who specialize in providing platform services on hardware and software components. Activities include design, operation and maintenance of technology systems across multiple platforms, various database technologies, high availability solutions.
If you have administration experience with Linux, AIX and Solaris - join us!
- Solving BAU tasks (incidents, service requests, problems, changes)
- Troubleshooting and investigation
- Oncall support
- Updates/upgrades of Linix systems (operating systems, virtualization, clusters)
- Involvement in different projects
- Training and certifications
- Private medical package and insurance package
- Multisport Card
- Working on international projects in multicultural teams
- Good to be an IBMer discounts
- Cinema & trips for IBMers
- Language classes
- Summer camps for children
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 3 years of experience in Linux System Administration.
- Experience with:
- Installation and configuration Linux operating systems and servers,
- Supporting Linux OS to run various software applications,
- Maintain and upgrade the Linux OS,
- Developing procedures for Linux security and management,
- Updating standard policies according to environment changes and audit results,
- Identifying and resolving system issues in a timely manner.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Automation skills utilizing scripting languages, including ksh or bash and either python or perl
- Fluent English
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top