Senior Java Developer
Are you interested in working on state-of-the-art Java software projects, relational and graph databases, using open source technologies in an Agile environment?
Would you like to collaborate with other experienced professionals and share your skills in the field of software development? Would you enjoy working in an environment that is on one hand friendly and fun, and on the other hand exposes you to international customers and cultures?
If you found yourself in the questions above, we want to talk with you. We are looking for passionate, curious software engineers to work on challenging software development. We're most interested in people who have strong background in Computer Science, are good with algorithms, can demonstrate they're passionate about their work, want to share their success and to keep learning.
You will enhance and expand Java products across the product portfolio, ensuring that your work is well designed, maintainable and tested.
- design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications, delivering high-availability and performance
- participate in all phases of the development lifecycle
- write maintainable, testable, efficient code
- understand and refine requirements/ user stories and solution design
- prepare and produce releases of software components
- support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Java standard edition, experience in writing scalable production code
- working experience with REST API design and implementation
- strong in software design and algorithms
- good understanding of multithreading and synchronization concepts
- good knowledge of relational database concepts and programming
- at least 3 years experience in software engineering
- degree in Computer Science or other technical/scientific field
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- experience with Eclipse plug-in development
- experience with parser generators, compilers and code analysis
- experience in an agile environment (Scrum/ Kanban)
- involvement in open source development (code, bug, documentation contributions)
- knowledge of software development life-cycle and release management tools
- knowledge of unit testing and mocking frameworks
- scripting languages, functional languages
- experience with graph or other NOSQL database
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top