Senior Java Developer
- Bucharest, Romania
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The application is one of the critical applications for our client, responsible for the registration and management of new claims raised by clients in the event of a defaulted contract. It uses complex business flows to allow a claim to progress through its lifecycle, from registration to indemnification (payment).
The application supports and automates a major part of operations in the claims divisions of the client branches Austria, Nederland, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Romania, Lithuania, Latvia and Bulgaria as well as South America. In addition, the application serves as an information tool for the contract and claims divisions. The long-term plan for this application will be the deployment throughout the entire Group in all geographical regions.
The current production version of INCA is developed using JAVA 6, J2EE, WebLogic 10, backed by an Oracle database and a desktop interface in SWING.
Additionally the application is going through a major modernization phase meant to bring the application up to modern standards. It includes an upgrade of the development technologies such as JAVA 8, WebLogic 12, the introduction of Spring and migration towards a micro service architecture. Further down the line the next programmed step is the replacement of the SWING interface with a modern web based interface using Angular 6.
Development follows an AGILE methodology and all team members are working using a time share system where 60%-70% of the time is allocated to the modernization project and the remaining time is used for evolutions and maintenance of the current production version.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5 years experience in Java technologies;
- Practical knowledge of at least two technologies of each category:
- Java Technologies: JDK 1.6
- Enterprise Technologies: Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 (Java EE 6), Spring, Hibernate
- Other Enterprise Technologies: Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java, Bean Validation, Interceptors, Java Persistence, Java Transaction API (JTA)
- Web Services Technologies: Implementing Enterprise Web Services (SOAP), Java API for XML-Based Web Services (JAX-WS), Web Services Metadata for the Java Platform, WS-*, Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB),
- Unit Testing: JUnit, EasyMock/Mockito,
- Build Tools: Apache Maven, Git, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus,
- Other Skills: UML, SQL, XML/XSLT/XSD
- Good OOP skils,
- Attention to detail and very good analytical qualities
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Team player mentality: ability and willingness to teach others;
- Self-driven, self-motivated, suggests ideas, has initiative and ability to drive the project development forward;
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation
- Ability to plan work to meet deadlines
- Experience or knowledge in supply projects in the field of banking investments
- Time management skills - able to work simultaneously with several projects in different stages
- Ability to strictly adhere to deadlines and to identify problems in the early stages
- Ability to work in a changing environment, able to react positively when it is necessary;
- Delegation skills
- Pragmatic, with a positive attitude as well as a great capacity of comprehension;
- Emotional balance, constant attitudes and manifestations
- Capacity to make decisions and take responsibility
- Good social skills, able to integrate in a local team as well as in a remote team;
- Customer oriented
- Available to travel abroad.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
ShuDon B.Data Analyst, Project Management, RPA Specialist
As a member of the shared services team, ShuDon works on internal improvement through Robotic Process Automation. She supports her teammates by finding process solutions to make their workflow more efficient through automation.
Back to top