Senior Infrastructure Architect
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What will you be doing?
- Helping our clients understand how IBM's offerings relate to their business goals and IT landscape and the potential benefits of implementing them
- Identifying needs and designing solutions to meet current and future agency requirements
- Advising on roadmaps for deployed solutions and products
What skills do you need?
- A passion for technology and architecting business solutions, preferably while referencing a formal architectural framework
- The ability to quickly build strong relationships throughout an organisation
- An aptitude for learning and applying IBM's solution portfolio to your client's needs and environment
- A commitment to client success
Knowledge of the following areas:
- Software Defined Networking (e.g.NSX, Cisco ACI)
- Network Function Virtualization; Network automation and orchestration; vRealize Automation/Orchestrator, NetworkInsight etc; Local load balancing and global load balancing (e.g. F5 or Citrix)
- Routing and Switching
- Network Security
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps methodology and tools, e.g. Ansible, Terraform and Jenkins
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top