Senior Infrastructure Architect
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The individual should have senior level experience in analyzing, comparing, designing, and continually improving mission-driven IT infrastructure architecture solutions and look at end-to-end impacts driven by changes and projects using:
- Server hardware and associated operating systems with a focus on Intel technology, Microsoft Windows Server/Active Directory, RedHat Linux
- Virtualization technology on Intel platforms, especially VMware vSphere and Citrix XenApp; Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology including VMware and Citrix technologies
- Client workstations, laptops, tablets, SmartPhones with focus on Windows, MacOS, RedHat, and iOS
- Networking solutions including routers, switches, load balancers, and wireless with focus on Cisco and Riverbed; DNS and DHCP with focus on Infoblox and Citrix NetScaler
- Security devices including firewalls and intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS) (focus on Cisco and Juniper)
- Security applications including anti-virus, syslog, security analysis, data loss protection tools and knowledge of Trusted Internet Connections (TIC) standards/implementation (focus on Splunk, McAfee, TripWire, Tenable Nessus, and Symantec)
- Storage subsystems and network fabrics including SAN, NAS devices, storage switches, iSCSI and Fibre Channel, along with storage management/monitoring tools and backup technologies (focus on NetApp technologies)
- Enterprise Capacity Management and System Monitoring solutions (monitoring and event management) for network, server, storage and security devices (firewalls) (focus on IBM Tivoli Monitoring)
- Enterprise database solutions (focus on Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server)
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions (focus on MaaS360)
- Master Data Management solutions (focus on Informatica)
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Infrastructure O&M 10+ yrs (experience with Managed Services, Data Center Operations, Network Management, Server and Storage Management, and Mobile Device Management)
- Client-facing Communications (Oral, Written) - 5+ yrs
- Enterprise Architecture expertise and discipline, such as TOGAF or DoDAF- 3+yrs
- Research, develop, and deliver technical White Papers and executive presentations in a client facing role (5+ yrs)
- ITSM solutions, such as ServiceNow - 2+ yrs
- Cloud computing and cloud services including IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS - 2+ yrs
- Active US DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Managed Services - 5+ years
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certified - 2+ years
- Cybersecurity and Information Assurance - 1+ year
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top