Senior Indirect Tax Accountant
• Responsible for data accumulation required for the preparation of worldwide indirect tax filings including VAT, GST, and other customer and vendor transactional taxes.
• Responsible for month end close procedures, involving preparation of tax account reconciliations and preparation of journal vouchers.
• Manage the preparation of international indirect tax compliance with third party consultants.
• Assist in data accumulation for international indirect tax compliance
• Gather information and prepares responses arising out of jurisdictional revenue service audits.
• Review month end close procedures, involving preparation/review of tax account reconciliations.
• Works closely with multi-departmental disciplines (HR, Legal, Operations, etc), international operations and regional offices to provide guidance and perspective on tax effecting issues.
• Participate in various research projects involving international taxation as they arise.
• Participate in planning and assist with special studies to determine tax implementations.
• Stay abreast of international tax laws in all countries where SoftLayer does business or plans to open operations. Monitors the large volume of regulations, constantly changing legislative initiatives, or case law changes on all levels.
• Other projects will be assigned as needed
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5-7 years' experience in progressive accounting-based or general ledger roles
• Knowledge and experience in US GAAP including chart of accounts, journal entries, balance sheets, and reconciliations
• Experience working with internal and external auditors
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Technology industry experience is preferred
- Direct experience reviewing transactions for VAT, GST or other transaction taxes for international organizations
- Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, v and h lookups, and complex formula writing)
- Experience with large accounting and reporting systems (Epicor, Oracle or Hyperion a plus)
- Current knowledge of multi-entity operations and posting into several different companies
- Experience and understanding of foreign currency transactions, payments, or translation activities
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top