Senior Immigration Case Worker
The Senior Case Worker is responsible for monitoring and overseeing visa petition preparation; handling complex visa petitions and issues associated with such petitions; providing education, advice and counsel on immigration matters to IBM management; formulating, developing and updating IBM's immigration processes and policies; and monitoring and analyzing productivity across the immigration team.
This Senior Case Worker will:
- Identify and analyze trends in immigration petitions in order to make recommendations to team leads and management on improvements to IBM immigration policies and processes.
- Provide Advice and counsel to IBM management on immigration-related issues, including questions related to visa eligibility.
- Work with Team Leads and the Program Manager to formulate, develop and update immigration policies, processes, and training materials
- Manage Immigration Resource Desk, by providing advice and guidance on immigration issues arising in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Address and resolve high-level issues with petitions.
- Audit visa preparation for work consistency with IBM's standards for quality.
- Assist with preparation of especially complex cases, cases needing preparation on an emergency basis, and as needed during high volume periods.
- Support Special Projects as assigned
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 1 year of experience in Immigration
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Advanced Knowledge of Immigration petition process and US Immigration regulations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise independent judgement, discretion, and develop solutions to resolve unique problems.
- Ability to multi-task, will work on multiple projects/requests at one time.
- Proven skills in time management and strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow through and resolve issues as they arise, keeping customers informed of the resolution.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 2 years or more of experience in Immigration
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top