Senior Global Storage Engineer for Multiple Technologies
- Sofia, Bulgaria
IBM Technical Support Services' (TSS) mission is to become the largest and most successful provider of multi-vendor technical support services in the world. Our Multi-Vendor Support (MVS) Client Innovation Center (CIC) in Sofia, Bulgaria is building a trans-disciplinary team of Multi-Vendor Storage support specialists tasked with supporting our TSS clients and field engineers in any IBM country worldwide on a 24x7 basis. MVS Storage Remote Technical Support Specialists in this job role will have expertise in various multi-vendor storage technologies.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Multi-Vendor Services Storage Team in Sofia is expanding, and we are looking to hire Storage Technical Engineers tasked with sharing technical expertise and resolving technical issues for IBM clients worldwide.
What we offer:
- Access to specialized OEM education - virtual and instructor led.
- Access to fully functional lab facility for education purposes and problem recreation.
- Opportunity for achieving formal OEM certification (e.g. NetApp NCSE, NAHSE).
- Diverse job role structure giving opportunities for growth within the team.
- Flexible shift pattern.
As part of the job, the Storage Technical Engineer would have the following responsibilities:
Perform problem determination/fault isolation by analyzing support logs and diagnostic data.
- Use specialized diagnostic tools to isolate complex client problems.
- Keep customers regularly informed of problem investigation and resolution status throughout the support service request life cycle.
- Interpret online manuals and available documentation aiming faster issue resolution.
- Use lab hardware to re-create customer configurations to replicate failure scenarios.
- Collaborate closely with L3 OEM support teams to drive fixes on complex and critical issues.
- Provide real time assistance to field technicians to resolve critical client technical issues.
- Follow established processes for effective management of support incidents.
- Demonstrating soft and technical skills that contributes to client satisfaction.
- Adhere to the set working schedule, supporting 24x7 shift operations and on-call coverage.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Education and professional experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or technical field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a technical support, customer facing role.
- Experience providing support for storage products with focus on the following OEMs: HPE, NetApp, EMC.
- Excellent command of English (B2-C1 level).
- Excellent soft skills, active listening/reading, explain clearly and set right expectations.
- Excellent computer skills, including web navigation.
- Troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and absorb new concepts.
- Ability to research and self-study to find solutions.
- Ability to manage complicated requests and irate users.
- Understanding of multi-vendor enterprise storage technologies - software defined, virtualization, and network & fabric attached storage devices.
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS standards and protocols (Fibre Channel, iSCSI, NFS, CiFS, etc.)
- Previous experience in storage and systems architecture.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with UNIX/Linux OS and virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge in TCP/IP concepts.
- Experience with Cluster/HA environments.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Customer-first mindset with high sense of ownership.
- Previous experience in delivering technical education will be considered an advantage.
- Industry recognized associate, professional, or expert certification.
- Second foreign language will be considered an advantage.
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion for additional education.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top