Senior Front-End Software Developer - IBM Cloud
A re you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? Do you want to develop the future of IBM's Cloud offerings? If you answered YES, then we have the right opportunity for you! The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service, i.e., the cloud, is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. At IBM, we are driven to shift our technology to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of the cloud. With industry leadership in analytics, security, commerce, and cognitive computing and with unmatched hardware and software design and industrial research capabilities, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
The Cloud Innovation Lab is a team dedicated to ensuring that the IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from data center design to network architecture to storage and compute clusters to flexible infrastructure services. We are building IBM's next generation cloud platform to deliver performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership efficiency, resiliency and security. It is an exciting time, and as a team we are driven by this incredible opportunity to thrill our clients. We are looking for experienced Front-end developers with a passion for web development and with a track record of building complex web applications.
The successful candidate will work as a Front End Software Developer as part of the Cloud Innovation team in Littleton, MA with a focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Work on scalable cloud data management technology
- Develop distributed, fault-tolerant software
- Experience developing Cloud User Experience workflows
- Creating Web and Mobile Applications
- Enhancing the Bluemix application development platform
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A good understanding of UI design principles and usability
- Understands REST architecture and has working knowledge of consuming REST API
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience working successfully with local and remote team members
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Extensive experience with React/Redux
- Experience with Node.js and Express
- Experience with Webpack, ES6, Promises, Babel or Browserify
- Thorough understanding of browser behavior and compatibility
- Experience with web components, and the IBM Bluemix platform
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top