Senior Framework Engineer
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Proficiency with microservice development framework such as Spring Boot
- Proficiency with mobile application development
- Rich working experience in software release management (Working knowledge with OpenShift Container Platform is a plus)
- Capable to provide advice related to release management and issues
- Proficient in two or more programming languages such as .Net, Java, Python, C ++
- Solid working experience in software deployment, testing, and debugging
- Working Experience on IAM tool such as i-Sprint and active directory
- Exposure to DevOps Tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Confluence, Coverity, Black Duck and Junit/XUnit
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the software framework for applications (eg. mobile application framework)
- Responsible to setup, run, and manage the mesh selected by the Architects in a highly available and scalable way
- Enable the build squads to focus on the business value of their products and not on common cross-cutting mesh components.
- Provide documented sample code on how build squads can easily leverage the mesh components.
- Enable build squads to implement the recommended standards by providing good developer friendly documentation along with code templates/samples
- Establish the Tribe level Release plans at a predefined frequency (eg. monthly/ quarterly etc.) and manage the Release train
- Create the build for the Release by integrating drops from multiple squads/feature teams
- Perform a high-level smoke testing to identify any obvious integration issues
- Initiate Change approval process for applications
- Review current software framework for microservice, mobile etc and document down the enhancement points.
- Provide documented sample code on how build squads can leverage mesh components
- Setup, run and manage mesh
- Engage DevOps team setup release management flow
- Work with TDD team to setup TDD Framework and implementation approach
Minimum Years Of Experience
- 10 years hands on Application Framework experience and 3 years in DevOps implementation experiences with Release management.
- 2 Years team management experience with Agile approach
- Framework need to be enhanced with agreement of delivery team, with documentation to be assigned and signed off by devlivery team
- The Enhanced framework should be applied by development team after document be agreed.
- Successfully setup the mesh and squads by leveraging the mesh components
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 3+ year experience architecting and solutioning leveraging a major Cloud platform.
• 10+ years of experience in infrastructure / development consulting
• Cloud Certification
• Cloud native solutions
• TOGAF or equivalent architecture certification
• Proficiency in programming languages such as: Shell, Java, C, Ruby, Python
• Knowledge of networking systems and architectures (DNS, TCP, UDP etc)
• Lead first of a kind and complex solution development
• Provide end-to-end solution approach guidance and coaching.
• Create and use intellectual capital to solve diverse client issues in an innovative way
• Provide training to technical solutioners and sales teams
• Proficiency in Infrastructure as Code implementation
• Experience in Network and Infrastructure migration to Cloud
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top