Senior EDI Consultant - Watson Customer Engagement
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to create breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer
Business Unit Introduction
IBM Watson Customer Engagement - Watson Supply chain provides a unified approach to manage evolving digital and physical channels and also enhance the customer shopping experience in the age of empowered customer for seamless, positive sales experiences. Manage evolving channels and interaction points across web, eCommerce, mobile, m-commerce and social or physical channels. Build smarter commerce and supply chains that are more efficient, demand-driven and transparent. Reduce complexity by synchronizing procurement, marketing, selling and service processes based on customer needs. Map Development team is involved in EDI Map Development for SaaS B2B WW clients.
IBM Commerce Solutions provides a unified approach to managing evolving digital and physical channels.
• Enhance the customer shopping experience in the age of the empowered customer for seamless, positive sales experiences.
• Manage evolving channels and interaction points across web and eCommerce, mobile and m-commerce, social or physical channels.
• Build smarter commerce and supply chains that are more efficient, demand-driven and transparent.
• Reduce complexity by synchronizing procurement, marketing, selling and service processes based on customer needs.
Map Development team is involved in EDI Map Development using the following: IBM B2B Sterling IntegratorX12/Websphere Transformation Extender/Gentran NT for SaaS B2B WW clients.
Who You Are.
As a Senior EDI Specialist/Consultant...
- You will be a part of B2B Map Development team, you will apply your proven analytical skills and EDI knowledge to help in designing, development and deployment of EDI solution.
- You will work on varied set of EDI standards and tools for WW clients across various domains.
What You Will Do
- Interpret the MRS for mapping requirement.
- Handle one or more projects.
- Responsible for project delivery.
- Create/Manage the project artifacts.
- Provide Burn-in support with issue resolution.
- Interact with clients/onsite counterparts.
- Handle the small set of teams.
- Mentor/Coach the team on technical issues.
- Report issues / dependencies / bottlenecks to Delivery Lead
- Responsible for all technical related communications with the client/ onsite team.
How we'll help you grow:
- You will have an opportunity to work with WW clients with regard to their EDI Implementation right from requirement gathering to deployment, involve in the deployment of EDI solution in SaaS environment.
- Work on diverse domains, to learn various IBM B2B products, update themselves with the latest features in these products.
- This job role provides an opportunity to pursue their career in EDI Domain working with the industry best products and supporting technologies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ Years of experience in EDI Mapping Skills in a minimum of 2 of the following tools - IBM B2B Sterling IntegratorX12/Gentran Integration Suite / Websphere Transformation Extender / Gentran NT / Gentran Unix / Gentran Director Templates
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and devise solutions for business and technical EDI data problems
- Demonstrated the right focus towards best practices like coding standards and other industry standards
- Proven ability to tracks project milestones and is responsible for overall delivery
- Proven ability to determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in EDI Map Development using any of the EDI standards & Tools (SI preferrable)
- Basic knowledge of DB (Oracle) , XML, Java
- Knowledge & understanding of SAP IDOCs
- Knowledge in one ore more business domains like Retail, Automobile etc.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top