Senior DevOps Engineers
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring.
We are looking to expand our DevOps Engineering Team and seeking Senior DevOps Engineers based in either Sydney, or Melbourne.
The Senior DevOps Engineers will be responsible for shaping DevOps solutions and leading teams to delivery their implementation. This will extend from technical pre-sales into hands-on delivery.
The core responsibility of the role is to help deliver and improve DevOps, Agile and Cloud Strategy engagements in support of the broader Cloud practice.
Pursuit responsibility includes participating in client opportunity identification
and qualification calls, understanding client needs and objectives, articulate and formulate Solution Designs for proposals and statements of work that align to the client needs while managing delivery risk and working with the sales team through deal progression and signing.
Hands on delivery leadership may involve leading squads of up to a dozen engineers who will look to the candidates to provide technical guidance and best-practice.
The successful candidates will have strong business acumen and possess a blend of general business and technology strategy competencies. Specifically, the Consultant will have a versatile background in the following areas: Application Lifecycle Management, Continuous Build and Deploy automation, Operational Intelligence of Applications and Infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code, Agile methods such as Scrum, Test Driven Development, Test Automation, Lean Methods and Software as a Solution (SaaS), production support, IT Service Management and other key offerings. The candidates must also possess strong communication skills, consultative presence and leadership, and delivery team leadership experience.
The candidates will primarily be utilized in a role with defined utilization and growth targets. A strong high level knowledge of IT trends and directions, infrastructure technologies, application of technologies, development of technology plans, transformation/transition strategies and roadmaps, and experience in a client facing consulting role is a must.
• Additionally assisting in defining DevOps Services portfolio of offerings,
• Provide leadership to bring new DevOps Services offerings to the market,
• Develop DevOps strategic plans for GBS's core and invest accounts
• Provide leadership on DevOps consulting engagement pursuits and mentoring at onset of project
• Manage teams of DevOps consultants
• Develop integrated project and program plans, including defining milestones and dependencies for client pursuits
• Identify required staffing for client engagements
• Define scope for a client engagement and associated fees
• Assist with financial modeling for DevOps engagements
• Provide risk management oversight to ensure utmost in quality on DevOps engagements
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 18 months experience in leading the design and implementation of DevOps solutions,
• Experience in implementing IBM DevOps toolchains including UrbanCode, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Sonarqube and be able to advise on the relative strengths/weaknesses against alternative products.
• Experience in C-level consultative skills including excellent oral and written communications
• IT Architecture certification
• Agile Scrum Master certification
• Lean certification
• ITIL certification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top