Senior Database Administrator (Oracle) - Wellington
Senior Database Administrator
- Utilise your expertise in Oracle
- Collaborate with stakeholders of all levels
- Permanent position, based in Wellington (client-site)
What do you think of when you hear IBM? Mainframes? Hard drives? The Personal Computer?
We don't sell tabulating machines, laptops or intel servers anymore - we're a new IBM, and possibly not like you imagined. For a start, we use MAC's (yes, really!), and our leaders wear jeans. We apply design thinking - and have the post-its to prove it. We enable startups to grow, and are transforming healthcare - we're even curing disease! We are defining the cognitive era. And this is just the beginning. What can YOU do with IBM?
The Senior Database Administrator will be responsible for building and integrating databases on both the UNIX & Linux environments for a large banking client.
What will I be doing?
- Own the TA cycle from end to end, spanning all areas and disciplines
- Perform database problem detection, tracking, impact (severity) determination, recovery and resolution
- Maintain backup and recovery procedures to ensure maximum integrity
- Monitor and tune databases for optimal performance
- Perform database structural changes and maintain database security
- Provide technical assistance to application developers
- Perform forecasting and capacity planning
What skills will I need?
- Exceptional candidate relationship management
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
What experience do I need?
- 5+ years as a Systems Database Administrator using Oracle
- Team Lead experience - advantageous
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top