Senior Data Specialist
Data Specialists in this job role will have expertise in making available, integrating, and optimizing structured and/or unstructured data using database products, technologies, and methods. Typical examples of the deliverables are database designs, information models (logical, physical, dimensional, etc.), data migration plans, and data warehouses. IT Specialists who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external customer billable services and implementation environment. The employee focuses on individual/team objectives and development of professional effectiveness.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in a consultancy role
- At least 2 years performing technical leadership, data modelling and design
- At least 6 years experience in the Analytics, Business Intelligence, Big Data and/or Data Warehousing domain, Information Governance
- Deep business knowledge in at least one major industry
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills
- Practical knowledge across data extraction and transformation tools - traditional ETL tools (DataStage, Informatica)as well as more recent big data tools is a plus
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top