Senior Data Scientists
IBM India since 1992 provides solutions and services spanning all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM GTS Labs is the technology labs for the largest business of IBM - Global Technology Services (GTS). Its mission is to transform GTS through software development and continuous delivery, establishing a User-centric Secure DevOps framework for GTS, developing and deploying advanced automation, creating and enhancing many service offerings, transforming clients with hybrid cloud, analytics, and cognitive capabilities, and building the IBM Services Platform with Watson. Having presence across 25 countries, we are transforming all industries with our solutions - spanning healthcare, financial services to transportation, energy and retail and becoming more essential to clients every day.
Who you are:
Be part of exciting technology and growing field - cloud technology and management.
Cloud is at the center of IBM's product strategy and growth sector.
By being part of the Brokerage services under GTS, the Product analyst will be able work with key technologies, business solutions and customer use cases that shape this space.
The Product Analyst (PA) works with stakeholders from all business units and related third parties to define and document business processes and software requirements for IBM Cloud Brokerage, including competitive analysis, creation and tracking of user stories, and prioritizing field requests. BAs work closely with Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales and Delivery teams to refine business requirements and perform user acceptance testing.
What You will do:
- Develop and code trading models by applying algorithms to large structured as well as unstructured data sets for our more complex projects.
- Develop visualization products to share analysis across a large group of business users.
- Design strategies and propose trading algorithms to analyze and leverage data from existing as well as new data sources.
- Continuously seek out industry best practices and develop skills to create new capabilities for data analytics to improve business decisions.
- Lead a cross-disciplinary project team of database specialists, data scientists, and business subject-matter experts to complete project deliverables on-time and within budget.
How we'll help you grow:
You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You can work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
- Work with a team of highly motivated architects and software developers to create hybrid cloud solutions
- Candidates will participate in developing complex 'First of a Kind' solutions using IBM and open-source tools and platforms.
- Taking direction from IBM Distinguished Engineers and other key leaders, the developers act as subject matter experts to architect and develop the leading edge solutions for IBM's clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 12 years relevant work experience (if Bachelor's degree) or minimum 10 years relevant work experience (if Master's degree) with a proven track record in driving value in a commercial setting using data science skills
- In-depth knowledge of various modelling algorithms e.g. Linear, GLMs, trees based models, neural networks, clustering, PCA, and time series models.
- Proficiency in R (e.g. ggplot2, cluster, dplyr, caret), Python (e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, bokeh, nltk), Spark - MLlib, H20, or other statistical tools
- In-depth knowledge of databases, data modelling, Hadoop, and distributed computing frameworks
- Experience in software development environment, Agile, and code management/versioning (e.g. git)
- Strong SQL skills and experience/knowledge
- Ability to understand complex and ambiguous business needs and applying the right tools and approaches
- Must be curious, self-motivating, driven and have a passion for problem-solving
- Collaborative team player
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Proven presentation skills. Ability to present statistical results to lay persons in an easy to understand way.
- Bachelor's / Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience developing and testing machine learning and/or statistical projects
- Experience with IT Service Delivery Projects would be highly valuable
- Experience with ITIL Processes
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top