Senior Data Scientist
The IBM Cognitive Process Transformation service line designs, builds & implements differentiated analytics solutions for IBM clients in a wide variety of industries. Part of this practice is the Advanced Analytics practice team. A data science consulting team who are able to prove the value of advanced analytics to our clients, consult clients on the strategy & organization of Data Science and supports applying IBM advanced analytics solutions within client environments. The team is based in Amsterdam but also have a European focus.
If you are deeply engaged in Data Science and looking to solve a wide variety of client business problems across industries, and, you are comfortable with working in an evolving, agile environment, then please apply!
Job description We are looking for experts/Sr Data Scientists to join our team. The Senior Data Scientists will be focusing on different advanced analytics solutions, including Internet of Things (IoT), Predictive Maintenance, Predictive Customer Intelligence, Fraud & Abuse Management and Supply Chain optimization (inc Demand Forecasting and Inventory Optimization). Typical responsibilities include;
- Converting a business problem into an Analytical or Machine Learning solution and approach, in collaboration with our client and IBM colleagues
- Perform business understanding, data understanding, data preparation, modeling and model evaluation activities
- Leading other Data scientists and consultants in projects
- Identifying approaches to improve the accuracy and effectiveness of analytics models
Our sr Data scientists should also enjoy transferring knowledge and guiding talented young analysts on the job, as part of scaling up our ambitious, high-performing data science consulting team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative field like Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research and similar
- English: Fluent
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in data processing and machine learning
- Permit to work throughout the EU
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Master's Degree or PhD in a quantitative field like Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research and similar
- Hands-on analytic skills, yet also a strategic thinker who can see the 'big picture'
- Hands-on expertise in the use of data wrangling and statistical / machine learning packages (e.g. R, Python, SPARK, Tensorflow, SAS, Matlab, SQL)
- Hands-on skills in distributed processing tools and languages (e.g. SPARK, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Flume, HBASE)
- Experience in:
- Applying and optimizing Deep Learning approaches
- Mathematical optimization software package (i.e. CPLEX)
- Programming/scripting like Java script, incl D3.js
- Solving clients' analytics problems and effectively communicating results and methodologies
- Leading teams
- NL language proficient
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top