Senior Data Scientist
The IBM Cognitive Process Transformation service line supports our clients in a wide variety of industries to optimize their business performance leveraging Data, Analytics, RPA and AI. Part of this service line is the Cognitive & Analytics practice. A data science consulting team who will explore the art of the possible, proof the value and consult clients on the strategy and organization of Data Science. Next, the team works to develop and implement AI solutions within client environments. The team is based in Amsterdam but also have a European focus.
If you are deeply engaged in Data Science and looking to solve a wide variety of real-life business problems across industries, and, you are comfortable with working in an evolving, agile environment, then please apply!
We are looking for experts/Senior Data Scientists to join our team. The Senior Data Scientists will be working in different domains applying Machine Learning and Data Mining. These domains include, amongst others: Internet of Things (IoT), Predictive Maintenance, Predictive Customer Intelligence, Fraud & Abuse Management and Supply Chain optimization.
Typical responsibilities include;
• Converting a business challenge to Analytical or Machine Learning approaches, in collaboration with our client and IBM colleagues
• Leading other Data scientists and consultants in engagements
• Work hands on in business understanding, data exploration, data wrangling, modeling, deployment and model evaluation activities
• Identifying approaches to optimize existing analytics models
• Work with clients to successfully introduce and grow Data Science capabilities in our client's organizations
• Switch between Strategic, Tactical and Operational projects
You will already be deeply engaged in Data Science and have the interest and ability to quickly gain proficiency in unfamiliar use cases in varying industries. We are particularly interested if you have proven experience delivering high-quality analytics within a commercial environment.
You are familiar with key internal and external data sources and how they are collected and used. You have deep experience with manipulating large volumes of data and you are hands-on with data wrangling, Machine Learning and statistical languages and tools.
Finally, you have strong business acumen and are good at explaining technical and quantitative matters to a non-technical audience. The opportunity to grow both as a data scientist as well as to develop the well-rounded professional profile of a successful consultant should appeal to you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in data processing, data mining and machine learning
- Hands-on expertise in the use of data wrangling and statistical / machine learning packages (e.g. Python, R, SPARK, Tensorflow, SPSS, SAS, Matlab, SQL)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Master's Degree or PhD in studies similar to Computer science and Data Science or a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Operations Research
• Strong grasp of the theory underlying (group(s) of) Machine Learning algorithms
• Experience delivering high-quality analytics within a commercial environment
• Experience to translate analytics insights in a convincing story for a non-technical audience
• Experience in:
- Applying and optimizing Deep Learning approaches
- Natural Language Processing
- Programming/scripting (e.g. Java script, D3.js)
- Distributed processing tools and languages (e.g. SPARK, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Flume, HBASE)
- Mathematical optimization
• Experience leading teams and individuals to deliver work of high quality
• Hands-on skills, yet also a strategic thinker who can see the big picture
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top