Senior Data Scientist
IBM Services Russia / CIS is expanding its practice in data science and looking for Senior Data Scientist. This is a customer-facing role, you will be directly responsible for helping top-tier clients meet their business needs by developing complex and innovative solutions. Work is project based. You will lead team of data scientists, data engineers, machine learning engineers, data analysts. You will work in the team which engage directly in solving real-world data science problems in a wide array of industries in Russia and CIS with IBM clients. Most of the projects are in Banking and Oil & Gas. The team of data scientists is working with other IBMers and client data science teams.
- Identify a use case
- Break that use case down into discrete MVPs (minimal viable product)
- Work in code notebooks
- Build & validate models
- Deploy models via APIs into applications or workflows
- Monitor & retrain models
- Use code repositories to version and share code/notebooks
- Visualize and explain data story in a way that is consumable by client
- Create Machine Learning pipelines and train models
- Communicate effectively with line-of-business end-users to discover pain points and use cases, lead project definitions, and convey the business value of the project
- Lead and train junior team members (data scientists, data engineers, data analysts)
- Cooperate with business analysts and subject matter experts
- Act as a solution leader
- Guide and mentor clients to become self-sufficient data science practitioners
While working across industries, you will also get to travel. Engagements will require that the team spend several weeks at client sites working on data science problems with a diverse team. Total travel time is approximately 20%.
As a member of the team you will have a T-shaped skill set, having a broad knowledge base in Data Science and Industry Solutions in general, but also in- depth expertise in Operations Research / Decision Optimization.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 4 years in Programming skills, Probability and Statistics
- 4 years in Big Data and Machine Learning
- 3 years in Data Modelling and Evaluation
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- 6 years in programming skills in at least two of the following: Python, R, Scala or Java. Preference for Python Expert
- 4 years in applying supervised, unsupervised and semi-supervised learning techniques
- 3 years in Machine Learning pipeline - data ingestion, feature engineering, modelling including ensemble methods, neural networks, natural language processing, predicting, explaining, deploying and diagnosing over fitting
- 2 years of client facing role
- 2 years of team leading experience (data science projects)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top