Senior Data Architect_ IBM GSI Labs
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building teams with varied strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Business Unit Introduction:
The Global System Integrators Lab (GSI) is a global mission based out of IBM India Software Labs and comprises a team of Architects, Specialists, Solution managers, Program managers across all IBM Software capabilities. The lab is focused on engaging with System Integrators in a programmatic approach, with a goal of building their capability through joint Go-to-Market solutions using IBM's newest technologies and partners, building joint assets & solutions on IBM Data platform, supporting Centres of Competency within the GSIs, and providing thought leadership & innovations to inspire and activate the larger developer communities within the SIs and GSIs.
Every so often, we witness a transformation that truly changes the world. Data, Analytics and AI is ushering in that change by out-thinking some of the world's most complex problems in banking, insurance, healthcare, retail, and more. The GSI Lab is expanding and looking for Senior Data Architect to join our team.
Who you are:
This is a consultative, partner-focused, technical role. You should have consistent track record across information management architecture, business analytics and modern big data, analytics and AI solutions. You should possess experience in building information architecture at large enterprise and generating insights using AI and Analytics.
In this role, you will work interactively with Business partners, including their enterprise- and Solution/Analytics/AI architects, practice head and project teams to:
- Serve as a domain expert for enterprise data, analytics and AI layers.
- Guide IBM partners in their enterprise data transformation and data migration to cloud projects.
- Provide leadership and guidance with Astrategies; revising data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards; and partnering with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Data Architect, you'll:
- Help partner grow their businesses by solving strategic, technical and tactical business problems with IBM's proven Data and Analytics technology solutions
- Work with the partner to drive IBM revenue through in-depth, complex technical demonstrations, designing solutions, technical evaluations, and/or proof-of-concepts
- Provide IBM PoV to modernize current enterprise data landscape and arrive at NextGen enterprise data architecture.
- Architecture for data flow between systems in the information / system landscape / data lake, covering both big / unstructured data and more traditional structured information.
- Design & review large-scale data processing systems for the enterprise and provide input on the architectural decisions including hardware and software.
- Effectively address information governance and security challenges associated with the system.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll directly interact with the Product development and Offering management teams and gain knowledge of product nuances and GTM strategies.
- You'll interact extensively and learn from Senior Technical leaders from IBM and Business partner organizations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
12 to18 years of industry experience with information technology programs and services.
- 5 years of hands-on experience with production-scale Hadoop architectures (incl. YARN, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase. Oozie, Spark).
- Thorough understanding of the capabilities of commercial Apache Hadoop distributions such as e.g. IBM, Hortonworks, Cloudera, or MapR and their integration options with traditional data warehousing and BI tools (e.g. Teradata, IBM DB2 / Netezza / DataStage / Cognos, Informatica, Ab Initio).
- Expertise in Advanced Analytics technologies & solutions (incl. SPSS, R, Python) and knowledge of the technology and vendor landscape for Big Data & Analytics including the Hadoop Ecosystem, NoSQL approaches Advanced Analytics, Cognitive Computing and Cloud Data Management.
- 3+ years of experience as an architect in the data warehousing and BI space (incl. SQL / Data Modelling, Data Integration, Data Governance).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Working knowledge on platforms like Cloudera, Hortonworks and IBM Bigdata is highly desirable.
- Understanding of Data Privacy, Data protection compliance, GDPR requirements, Open Data Platform compliance and Open Government Data initiatives.
- Understanding of two or more industry standard frameworks viz. Zachman, DAMA, DMBOK and ODPi skills and Project Consulting experience is preferable.
- Bachelor's / Master's degree from top tier Institutes in Computer Science, Information Management, Mathematics, Engineering, Operations Research or related fields.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of configuration management and version control processes
- CDMP or Open group Data Architect certifications is highly desired.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top