Senior Customer Success Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who You Are:
Do you have a passion for helping people? Are you a problem solver? Do you like to work with cutting edge technology? Would you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment? If so, then we have the dream opportunity you've been waiting for here at IBM.
Who We Are:
IBM Cloud Object Storage is an innovative storage technology enabling the world to confidently store and distribute limitless data. Our cutting edge technical accomplishments have received numerous awards such as the coveted Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award. Our highly ambitious pursuits are fueled primarily by the people we hire. We look for outstanding, motivated people who are passionate and dedicated team players. We offer a flexible, casual work environment and exceptional career opportunities.
The Position in a Nutshell:
You will have the opportunity to provide world class implementation, integration and support services to our rapidly growing customer base by deploying and integrating our technology in dynamic customer environments and by responding to phone and email requests for support of our installed base of Dispersed Storage systems.
• Plan, document, work with various teams to implement Dispersed Storage systems for Proof of Concept or Production use in line with customer requirements and specifications
• Collect and analyze diagnostic information from deployed Customers systems during a problem or incident scenario
• Deliver, implement and/or support software upgrades for deployed Customer systems
• Help Customers solve technical issues with Dispersed Storage systems and provide timely responses to questions.
• Provide Level 1 and Level 2 support (phone, email and portal) for Customer support issues and outages, as well as operational monitoring of automated feedback sent by customer systems to the company.
• Manage the escalation process for issues not resolved by all prior support.
• Write Knowledge Base articles for troubleshooting, workarounds and other important information as it pertains to dsNet (Dispersed Storage Network) support.
• Maintain SLAs with customers and ensure prompt responses to Cases and Customer inquiries.
• Deliver very proactive "can-do" contribution and show ability to overcome obstacles through business case understanding, strong influencing and collaboration skills, and awareness of other business dependencies.
• Generate and deliver reports on open Cases, Average time to Close Case and other meaningful metrics on the Post-Sales support process.
• Work with third party support organization to ensure proper escalation of first level support cases.
• Own projects and top customer issues during and after hours. Specifically, this position involves 24x7 phone on-call capability that includes being able to access customer systems remotely.
• Travel to customers (on short notice)
• Document all details of work in the case tracking system and other internal systems without fail.
• Possess ability to lift and work with heavy systems using the tools and best practices of the storage industry
What You Need:
• Strong understanding of networking
• Strong command line Linux skills. You should have setup and run your own Linux servers before.
• This position is customer facing (all audience levels) with direct phone and email communications therefore good interpersonal skills along with good written and oral communication skills are required.
• Fluency in Mandarin
• Strong Linux and network troubleshooting skills (with a focus on storage being a plus)
• Knowledge of how internet works, HTTP protocol, REST architecture, and S3
• The ability to be a good listener, and to really understand a customer problem or question and help to resolve the issue.
• Excellent writing skills as much of your work will be written (email, documentation, SOW, etc.)
• Excellent telephone communication skills. Some support will be provided over the phone.
• A working knowledge of case management in SalesForce, or equivalent, is desirable.
• 5-7 years of experience in Customer Support in the Data Storage industry or equivalent.
• Up to 10% travel required, sometimes with your own vehicle, and some international, often on short notice
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Linux skills
- Understanding of networks
- System support skills
- Knowledge of internet, HTTP, REST API, and S3
- Customer-oriented and loves dealing with Customers and solving problems
- Meticulous and thorough in issue analysis and troubleshooting
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Customer support experience for many years
- Data storage knowledge/experience
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top