Your Role and Responsibilities
This position's Korean calling title : 실장 ~ 상무
• Legal and business advice: Provide practical advice and support for internal clients on all types of legal and business issues related to corporate law, regulatory issues, IP law, labor law, data privacy, M&A issues, leasing, channel partners, subcontractors, marketing, etc. Work closely with external counsel as necessary.
• Contract Negotiations: Lead major contract negotiations for IBM Korea's many business units, including complex IT services, strategic outsourcing, software licensing, hardware sales, financing and procurement contracts with vendors. The ability to negotiate and draft in English and Korean is a must. Major clients include Korean conglomerates, financial institutions, government entities, etc.
• Dispute Resolution: Actively lead fact-finding and resolution of disputes with clients, business parties and third parties, including matters that end up in litigation. Provide critical thinking, working with our internal clients and outside counsel as necessary. Team up with different functions in the company to conduct internal investigations.
• Corporate Governance: Work with management and working-level employees on corporate governance to achieve IBM Korea's business goals within the boundary of laws and IBM's global corporate policies (Korean and U.S. laws, including the Securities Exchange Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act).
• Member of Team: Possibility for professional growth within an exciting and innovative global law department.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Licensed attorney (Korean bar or U.S. bar with substantial Korean legal experience)
- 7-10 years relevant work experience
- Bilingual ability - oral, written, and presentations - in English and Korean
- Ability to communicate in a well-organized, accurate, concise, and persuasive manner.
- Independent and objective in considering all aspects of a problem before rendering an opinion.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and handle a number of projects effectively within tight deadlines.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
See the above Job description & requirements
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top