Senior Cognitive Software Developer
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation. IBM is now looking for talent in the public sector for new roles destined to usher in the next era of cognitive computing. Embark on the journey with us at IBM. The Sr. Cognitive Software Developer is responsible for:
- Working/collaborating with team to implement client driven application requirements.
- Solving problems and implementing solutions to problems, identifying the source of the issue.
- Build machine vision classification algorithms including statistical classifiers, SVM, linear and nonlinear classifiers, and neural networks.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- 3+ Years of practical experience and hands-on development of machine learning models and systems.
- 5+ years of software development in Python/C++.
- Solid skills in data structures, algorithms.
- Experience in using machine learning frameworks and libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch and Caffe.
- Designing and training deep neural networks.
- Computer vision and imaging.
- Excellent math skills.
- A strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- PhD or Master's degree in a machine learning discipline.
- Accelerating simulations using GPUs.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Natural Language Processing
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top