Senior Cloud Solution Architect
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Technology Services enables the backbone of the world economy by designing, building, running and maintaining critical infrastructures and systems across our clients' hybrid enterprise IT environments. Together with IBM Cloud and IBM Security, GTS delivers outcomes that are essential for our clients' businesses.
Senior Cloud Solution Architects are Senior Technical leader and subject matter expert engaged in the solutioning and delivery of our complex and Cloud-related projects. They bring deep experience and strategic insight spanning from Architecture and Design leadership to client facing solutioning skills that are among the best in the industry. Working in partnership with the wider project team, they are responsible for the overall technology strategy and architecture/design for complex and Cloud-related solutions for your clients.
As a Cloud Solution Architect you will be responsible for the direction of technical resources on the project to implement solutions. You will work on optimising resources to meet project constraints taking into account such concerns as client budget, skills availability, and complexity of the project/solution. From a client perspective you will deal with teams focused on designing, building, managing, transforming, migrating and expanding their services on Cloud, on-premises, and hybrid solutions as required. You will also build trusted and ongoing relationships with key client stakeholders helping them understand how cloud solutions may enable new business models, revenue streams and affect their competitive positioning.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have deep hands on technical skills of cloud platforms and technologies and have several years' experience of successfully designing & implementing cloud solutions.
- Presenting IBM's point of view on cloud and digital systems of engagement to CXO level client executives
- Leading the design and development work of cloud based solutions for our clients
- Act as lead architect on cloud and digital related client proposals
- Providing support to close cloud and digital business opportunities
- Act as a thought leader on how cloud based technologies and business models can transform client's business and entire industries
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 10 years of experience architecting and solutioning Cloud-related solutions/migrations.
- 10+ years of experience in application and infrastructure consulting.
- Expert level skills in large-scale complex systems integration (multi-technology; multi-vendor), across application and infrastructure domains.
- Expert level skills in Cloud to guide technical client side architects on Cloud strategy and solution best practices.
- Expert level skills in planning, designing and migrating client workloads to Cloud.
- Experience in designing and implementing highly available and scalable Cloud solutions.
- Experienced skill level with contemporary engagement methods, including Proof of Concepts.
- Ability to position Cloud technology against industry solution requirements.
- Ability to effectively manage challenging situations without loss of focus when under pressure.
- Cloud Networking and Software Defined Networking (SDN) skills.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- TOGAF or equivalent architecture certification.
- Cloud & Security certifications.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top