Senior Cloud Software Engineer
The mission of IBM Resilient is to help organizations thrive in the face of any cyberattack or business crisis. Our award-winning Incident Response Platform (IRP) empowers security teams to analyze, respond to and mitigate incidents faster, smarter and more efficiently. Resilient is fast becoming the industry standard solution for incident response. The IRP integrates all other security technologies into a single hub and provides easy workflow customization and process automation. Armed with Resilient, security teams can have best-in-class response capabilities. We are growing rapidly and are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, talented individual to join our Software Development team focusing on our cloud deployment.
Located in the Galway, Ireland, you will work as part of a focused team who will be responsible for architecting and developing the IBM Resilient product to be a highly available and horizontally scalable solution running in the IBM Security Cloud. We are looking for a highly motivated person, who can make an impact in terms of leadership and technical direction. Candidates will need to be an experienced technical leader in a self-directed, autonomous team, comfortable directing other team members and interacting with product stakeholders. You will need to be an excellent collaborator and communicator within your team and with wider stakeholders.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in enterprise java and cloud software development
- Experience with service oriented architectures and RESTful web services
- Agile experience using Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Strong Linux Experience
- Experience with Docker or similar container solution
- Experience with orchestration tooling such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Experience in scripting languages including Bash, Python or Groovy.
- Experience with Continuous Integration methodologies and tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, Gradle etc.
- Previous experience in queue-based architectures (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ)
- You have the ability to tackle complex technical problems and take them from requirements stage, through to prototyping and production readiness, all while demonstrating and communicating progress effectively
- You are comfortable identifying process improvements that benefit the team and the business
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- More than 5 years of enterprise java and cloud software development experience
- Experience interacting with cloud DevOps teams
- Automated testing experience in a cloud environment
- Experience migrating, developing or operating an enterprise application on a cloud platform (such as IBM Cloud, AWS, etc.)
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience using & building Docker Images
- ElasticSearch or equivalent
- You may have worked as a Scrum master in the past
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top