Senior Cloud Modernization Architect
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Global Business Services Cloud Center of Competency is a leader in Cloud solutions. We are seeking a Senior Cloud Modernization Architect to join our team. In this role, you will advise our clients on the modernizations of their applications for cloud and mainframe, and participate in cloud adoption, optimization and migration strategies for our clients.
You will also advise our clients on APIs and Microservices. The role requires the ability to work with the client's IT team, as well as C-level executives to demonstrate the cloud value proposition. This includes assessing the current application and infrastructure environment, performing a gap analysis, and recommending the to-be application solution architecture. As a modernization architect, you will be required to represent deep expertise on modernization of applications currently running on mainframes or traditional Java environments, transformation of mission-critical applications needing re-architecture that goes beyond containerization/refactoring.
You will use your knowledge of mainframe and other platforms as a service offerings in the market, cloud application architecture and best practices, API management, Microservices, DevOps, and cloud integration suites to advise our clients on their hybrid cloud journey and multi-speed IT. We are seeking a candidate who is able to design, architect and modernize mainframe applications and Java application development. Ability to work with and lead a global team and flexibility will be essential. Knowledge of Linux on IBM Z platform is required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A well-established career within IT with relevant technological experience
- A history in delivering application transformation projects for Java and mainframe applications.
- Prior commercial experience developing project plans and budgets for successful information technology projects
- A solid background documenting and presenting recommendations to clients and/or stakeholders
- Previous experience with mainframe applications, Java application development, API and Microservices usage
- A background in architecting and developing cloud application solutions
- Experience working within a consultancy and with consultative-based selling of technology transformation projects
- Experience leading one or more of the following areas of a Cloud transformation journey: strategy, design, application migration planning and implementation.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience, or at least a minimum working knowledge, of Linux on IBM Z, experience and working knowledge of Linux on IBM Z.
- Leading one or more of the following areas of a Cloud transformation journey: strategy, design, application migration planning and implementation.
- Experience using cloud development platforms from multiple cloud vendors, including IBM Cloud, RedHat OpenShift, AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Previous commercial experience of containerization and container management
- Experience with DevSecOps and Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment
- An established background in consulting
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top