Senior Cloud Architect
Ready to grow your career in the cloud? Like the feeling that you are making a difference?
This is your chance to take on a unique leadership opportunity within a passionate team of talented professionals developing and deploying innovative, industry-leading, cloud-based software.
The IBM DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Architect is a key role in the growing and dynamic IBM Business Analytics organization. You will be an experienced leader with a significant history of designing, architecting, implementing, and delivering state of the art solutions to complex problems. You will rely on this experience to navigate within an evolving, multifaceted set of applications and services at various stages of maturity, confidently providing recommendations on our organizations most vital innovations and investments. You will be empowered to develop and drive roadmaps in the areas of deployment pipeline automation, availability, monitoring, incident management, cloud migration, capacity planning, and much more. A strong understanding of the latest industry standards, and a pulse on modern solutions will be essential. The ability to drive change by providing clear proposals to development managers across the organization, will be critical to achieving success in this role.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing best-in-class deployment technology to balance velocity and reliability in the delivery of our Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings
- Driving technical and architectural excellence across all our Business Analytics offerings
- Providing concrete direction and implementation for cloud migrations
- Supporting service development through the creation of software frameworks, capacity planning, design consulting, and deployment process improvements
- Designing and developing scalable monitoring, automation, and logging solutions, leveraging the latest industry tools and technologies
- Measuring service KPIs, providing live data on availability, performance and system health
- Identifying novel solutions to challenging operational problems and developing interfaces between unique SaaS offerings
- Documenting and sharing your experience, mentoring, leading by example
Skills and Attributes
- Experience developing product pipelines to optimize the process of deploying Software as a Service (SaaS) within large-scale, cloud-based infrastructure
- Proven leadership experience designing detailed roadmaps, architecting innovative solutions, mentoring, enabling and empowering team members to deliver according to schedule
- Deeply refined troubleshooting and scripting skills to identify and execute on opportunities to improve the availability, performance, and security of services.
- Understanding 12-factor app development and ability to recommend architectural changes to convert existing apps
- Natural drive and proven ability automating various complex parallel tasks
- Ability to propose, design, and develop solutions that scale
- Relentless drive to eliminate toil through automation
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Keen troubleshooting skills and practiced agile development methodology
- Familiarity with load balancing, geo routing, and proxying
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
This will undoubtedly be one of the most interesting, challenging, and rewarding SRE leadership opportunities in the industry. You will evangelize the technologies and methodologies you believe in, and manifest that vision into reality.
You will be part of a strong, modern team culture driven to create world-class development and deployment environments, delivering a best-of-breed user experience for our customers. You will be valued for your contributions in a rapidly growing organization with dynamic opportunities. As a leader, your ability to provide coaching and mentorship to a group with a wide variety of strengths will enable our team to be successful. Your passion for problem solving and simplifying and automating complex tasks will have an immediate impact on our IBM Cloud offerings and you will have a true (and rewarding) experience delivering an industry-leading SaaS offering.
This position will be based out of our downtown Toronto office
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Scripting languages (Ruby, Python, PERL, Shell)
- Configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Rundeck)
- Virtualization and Container orchestration (Xen, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Monitoring and logging tools (Nagios, QRadar, New Relic, Prometheus)
- Continuous Integration platforms (Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI)
- NoSQL databases, key-stores and other data-structure solutions (MongoDB, Redis)
- Source and project control (GitHub Enterprise, ZenHub)
- Virtual application and web servers (Apache, NGINX, WebSphere, IIS)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Technical publications, Related patents, conference presentation
- Demonstrated history of successful customer and external engagement
- Security Certifications and knowledge of security and compliance standards (ISO, GDPR, FEDRAMP)
- Knowledge of IT service management as it relates to the business (ITIL certification a plus)
- Strong background in Unix/Linux administration
Tools and Technologies:
- Network Appliances -Firewalls and Load Balancing
- Chaos Engineering (Chaos Monkey, Simian Army, ToxiProxy, Muxy)
- Single sign-on solutions and the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 standard
- Test automation (TestNg, Selenium, SauceLabs, Katalon)
- Performance / Load automation (JMeter, BlazeMeter, Locust)
- Data Warehousing and Analysis (Cognos Analytics, Planning Analytics, Controller)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top