Senior Cloud Application Support Engineer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Technical Support Services' (TSS) mission is to become the largest and most successful provider of technical support services in the world. The Client Innovation Center in Sofia, Bulgaria is building a trans-disciplinary team of network support specialists tasked with supporting our clients in any country worldwide.
We are seeking a Cloud Application Support Engineer to become part of the Global Competency Center in Sofia, Bulgaria and have the chance to deploy today's most advanced Collaboration technologies.
In this role, you will get detailed picture of the functionality of a video/voice collaboration product family and all elements of the service. This is a great opportunity for someone with passion and empathy to make positive impact on our customers.
This is an opportunity to advance your career and develop technical skills by providing value to customers while working as a leader in the networking technologies field.
The scope of responsibilities assigned to the position:
- Support a product family of voice/video conferencing cloud applications, hybrid services and along with phone and conferencing end points connected to the cloud.
- Provide highest-level technical support to understand problems, find the answers and identify solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction and when possible, get it right the first time .
- Engage with the engineering team to influence the quality and serviceability of the products.
- Ensure that technical documentation (not included in the product documentation) that is needed by customers to effectively troubleshoot the product/solution is created and available for use.
- Innovate - Identify and work with BU to enhance tools, script automation, or other activities that will enable the support engineers to work more efficiently and speed accelerate issue identification and resolution.
- Collaborates and is trusted to build effective working relationships while solving customer issues, managing expectations in a sometimes-high pressure and fast paced environment that leaving the customer feeling cared for and valued.
- Participate in delivering and exceeding customer service level commitments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Passion and ability to learn and work in a multinational environment
- Ability to achieve goals with limited supervision
- Skilled understanding of:
- Networking - Routing Switching (TCP/QoS)
- Microsoft Solutions (Exchange, Active Directory, LDAP)
- Microsoft (IIS, SQL), VMWare, Linux, SSL Certs
- Strong working knowledge and support experience of Microsoft Office, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android OS.
- Telepresence (VCS Expressway, VCS controller, TMS, Conferencing, TPS)
- Protocols (SIP, RTP, DTMF, SAML, SMTP)
- Web Proxy
- Web API
- Mandatory CCNP certificate
- Help the customer to feel they are right by listening, showing empathy, even when the customer may be technically wrong.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide leadership within a team environment
- Ability to produce high quality documentation
- Focused & Results orientated
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top