Senior Client Representative for Government Sector
The Client Representative manages, with assistance, relationships with line-of-business (LOB)/functional executives with one or more clients. Depending on the specific assignment, may have responsibility for IT executive relationships within the assigned account(s) or for both LOB and IT relationships. Develops business, technical and professional skills, including consultative solution selling skills. Identifies opportunities within the assigned accounts/functions with focus on client value proposition. Responsible for revenue within the assigned accounts/functions .
Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
Following are the primary roles/responsibilities of the Client Representative:
- Manages relationships with LOB/functional executives
- Identifies opportunities in LOB/functional areas with focus on client value proposition
- Consultative solution selling
- Engages partners/influencers
- Responsible for LOB revenue
- Manages relationships within IT
- Leads opportunity identification within IT
- Focuses on infrastructure opportunities
- Responsible for IT revenue
- Develops knowledge of sales processes, including the IBM Client Value Method.
- Understands and applies knowledge of information technology and associated solutions related to the Client's business and/or industry to attain objectives.
- Develops the required proficiency levels of the skills for this position.
- With assistance, develops relationships which promote an understanding of the customers' business goals and objectives
- Attends negotiation sessions as an entry team member, involving other IBM functions and clients in order to attain positive results. Negotiation skills are an essential requirement.
- Works effectively with other team members to understand customer needs and assists in the development of solutions which meet those needs
- Recognizes and analyzes problems and possible causes; prepares alternative solutions for discussion with team leader or manager
With assistance, identifies and qualifies IBM opportunities and may assist in the development of the solution and support strategy based on an understanding of the client's business, industry trends and directions, their competitors, their relative position in the industry and IBM capabilities in the client environment. Monitors client's key projects.
Work is reviewed with team members/leader/manager. Gathers customer requirements and helps translate them into potential solutions. Manages simple projects.
Understands the team's mission he/she belongs to. Identifies client business problems as a result of relationships with client.
Understands client team strategy and begins to cause others to align their contributions with this strategy. Has some understanding of the client's information systems strategy and business plan.
Is under the direction of a team leader/manager. Assists in prioritizing opportunities and other account planning activities.
Impact on Business/Scope:
Responsible for revenue on assigned areas/accounts. Assists in the development and implementation of the account plan(s). Supports activities that contribute to customer satisfaction. Maintains an awareness of key IBM/client activities, including the representation of client issues, needs and concerns throughout IBM.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- more than 10 years work experience in managing client in public enterprise sector
- sales driven individual
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top