Senior C++ Distributed Software Developer
Are you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? We are looking for talented engineers to join our team in Hybrid Data Management working on developing IBM's next generation of database and big data technologies on public and private cloud. Working alongside other outstanding engineers and leaders, you will play a key role in the delivery of enterprise grade data storage and analytics solutions delivering extreme scalability, reliability, and performance on the latest infrastructure.
As a member of the team you your responsibilities will include:
- Leading end-to-end development of key components and features including design, implementation and verification following an agile software development methodology.
- Translating the latest research into production level solutions.
- Working across components to ensure performance, reliability, and scalability of the broader system architecture
- Participation in design reviews and code inspections to maintain the highest level of quality.
To be successful in this role, you must have the aptitude to work within a fast moving, startup-like environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact. An individual who is self motivated, an independent thinker, takes initiative, has strong communication skills and can work well in both local and global teams would ensure you excel in this role.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The successful candidate would have:
- At least 5+ years software engineering experience building large scale systems, preferred language C/C++
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
- Team player with ability to work in a fast paced agile development environment
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive features to completion with quality
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience delivering high scale / high performance / high availability distributed systems
• Experience with database systems internals
• Experience with multi-threaded programming / concurrency
• Experience with linux systems programming and networking
• Experience working with Docker / Kubernetes a plus
• Experience working with GIT a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top