Senior Business Analyst
IBM is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to strengthen the Business Analysis team within Financial Risk.
Financial organizations from around the world use Watson FSS software, analytics and advisory services to help them make risk-aware business decisions, maximize shareholder value, and meet regulatory requirements. Supported by a global team of risk experts based in all major financial centers, Watson FSS offers proven, award-winning solutions for market, credit and operational risk, as well as collateral and capital management.
As part of our Business Analysis team, you will be involved in the complete life cycle of our risk measurement and investment support tools with strong emphasis on product design, ensuring that client requirements are understood and developed into sustainable product features. You will be working with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, financial and integration engineers as well as offering managers to research and design enhancements to our suite of risk measurement and investment support tools. You will take ownership of client-originated requests and be responsible for understanding where improvements can be made. You may also be interviewing clients during advisory meetings, maintaining client relationships and expected to become a recognized expert, providing leadership in the product from a business and technical point of view. Your responsibilities may also extend to assisting pre-sales by providing technical advice, demonstrations, workshop or solution-specific background material and advising professional services on discovery events and implementation plans.
- Understand client requirements and design them into high quality business requirements and product specifications by:
- Working with internal business and development groups as well as external clients
- Drawing on your experience in risk management
- Drawing on your knowledge of the buy- and sell-side markets
- Investigate and resolve client support issues
- Train new and existing clients on the risk measurement and investment support tools
- Provide internal mentoring and leads in direction of product development
- Provide advice to clients on implementation / customization requirements for the different business lines
- Provide ad hoc customizations to plug-in modules and reports
- Conduct hands-on testing of the product
- Review and provides input to documentation
- Conduct training and demos on new functionalities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the financial services industry covering risk management or related areas. Previous experience in marketing software to the financial industry an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident with delivering effective presentations
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with competing demands in small multi-discipline teams
- Strong understanding of financial economics and the business of banking, preferably with some previous exposure to risk management
- Regional language skills and proficiency in multiple languages would be a definite asset.
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance or equivalent combined with a quantitative undergraduate background in pure or applied science is preferable.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Previous experience in marketing software to the financial industry an asset.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top