Senior Blockchain Developer
Join the IBM Blockchain team as a Senior Developer, based at the IBM Cloud Garage in Toronto, and work with the best companies in the world to solve interesting problems using Blockchain technology. With more than 450 Blockchain projects completed around the globe, IBM is a leader in this emerging technology. This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact in both IBM and the tech industry!
Blockchain enables businesses to work together with more trust, transparency and efficiency. You will be developing solutions on top of our IBM Blockchain platform and the Linux Foundation's Hyperledger Fabric and Composer products. You will work closely with our solution architects, designers and client engagement experts to transform businesses in a variety of industries using Blockchain. This role will involve significant client interaction and high profile projects so confidentiality is critical.
How we'll help you grow:
Using your development experience and enthusiasm for new technologies as a foundation, IBM will train you on the Hyperledger platform, chaincode and other blockchain development skills. You will have unique access to the growing IBM team of technology pioneers who are building a new market for IBM.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar technical subject
- At least 6 years overall development experience
- Team Lead or management experience required
- 2+ years of client-facing projects and an interest in a high level of client interaction
- 3+ years of experience in Node.js
- Knowledge of Ubuntu, Docker, Kubernetes or similar
- Must be comfortable using Github
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and collaboration skills
- Ability to travel 25-50%
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience using the IBM Bluemix platform or other IBM products
- Experience using IBM Blockchain platform, Hyperledger, Ethereum or other Blockchain technologies
- Experience working with design thinking techniques and agile development
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top