With a primary focus on ICP Kubernetes, we are designing solutions to enable development teams to get resilient, high performance and production ready services to support their applications, while ensuring that we can scale the platform and supporting services out to multiple sites around the world in a fully automated way. We are looking for a Kubernetes architect that will help is in designing and implementing a multi data center Kubernetes cluster while upgrading the cluster to a new version every 60 days.
- Design enterprise container and Kubernetes platforms and building holistic strategy, architectures and roadmaps
- Enabling development teams to leverage cloud-native architectures with new and existing applications
- Designing and transforming organizations to support Kubernetes platforms
- Educating IBM and ABN on best practices when it comes to Kubernetes installation and usage.
- Evolving and building best practice materials for all aspects of Kubernetes
- Leveraging product usage data to proactively engage projects who are experiencing Kubernetes deployment and operations issues.
- Advocating the customer's perspective during product and architecture planning.
- Providing a clear view into all defect and feature requests from ABN/projects.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the building blocks of ICP Kubernetes
- Experience with setting up a cluster and deploying applications including cloud automation
- Knowledge of networking in Kubernetes
- Knowledge of monitoring and logging with KubernetesKnowledge of designing and adapting software to be twelve factor applications
- Knowledge of continuous integration via tools like Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of how a Kubernetes Platform operates (service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing)
- Scripting (bash, Python, etc.)
- L2 vs. L3 networking, network architecture, VLANs
- Root cause analysis
- Messaging Queues (Kafka, 0MQ, RabbitMQ , etc.)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Fluent or Strong English
- Mobility to work across Europe as required by business needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top