Senior Application Developer-Cobol with French
We are looking for a Cobol Application Developer that will be responsible for the following:
Administration, maintenance & development of core insurance applications:
- Participate in the analysis of requirements, the viability of proposals and the preparation of resource estimates.
- Code, debug and test simple to moderate programs. This includes new development or modifications to a core insurance program.
- Focus on technical infrastructure planning, design, execution and operational support of architecture necessary to support business applications.
- Design, specify and document the required system components as proscribed within the compiling designs of the programs
- Communication with the team and the client
- Technical support provided to the client
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelors' Degree required. Majors preferred are Information Systems, Computer Science or
• Cobol programming experience - Advanced level - minimum 5 years relevant experience.
• SQL - Advanced level
• DB2 - Advanced level
• Good problem-solving and analytical skills
• English: Advanced
• French: Advanced
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience in insurance field
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top