Senior Application Developer - Salesforce (Any city)
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
• Work effectively individually and with team members to achieve customer satisfaction and success.
• Conduct technical process reviews, technical UAT's, and work in partnership with business consultants.
Technical code achieves passing rating during regular review.
• Build integration jobs based on instructions and pre-established guidelines from a Technical Architect using existing tools available including the BW Integrator.
• Facilitate code sharing and control by regularly submitting code to concurrent version system repository.
• Ability to gather data migration requirements, define a data migration plan and perform complex data migrations requiring transformation using a database, and potentially containing very large data sets.
• Analyze data quality requirements, define data quality plan and execute.
• Travel probable: 50-75%
• Achieve Salesforce.com certification requirements as a developer and advanced developer
Technical Experience Requirements:
• Takes a lead role on development initiatives and provides mentorship and direction to less experienced developers
• Effectively collaborates with project team and client resources to determine functional requirements
• Able to effectively facilitate Technical Process Review sessions
• Excellent understanding of object-oriented concepts and design patterns, as well as prior work with OO languages (Java, Ruby, C#, C++, etc)
• Experience with and knowledge of relational databases, including work with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or other common RDBMS.
• Prior experience working with an excellent understanding of the MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern
• Professional development experience with an MVC framework (examples: Ruby on Rails, Struts)
• Familiarity with the basic concepts of good UI design and ability to advise projects as to good UI design practices
• Professional experience in a test-driven and formal QA development environment, including development/staging/production (or similar) deployment cycles
• Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and assessment
• Prior Salesforce and Force.com experience
• Has attained both Force.com and Advanced Developer Salesforce.com levels of certification
• Self-motivated, able to work independently
• Able to interact effectively with customers, and stay focused on customer objectives
• Adaptable to changing requirements, changing schedules
• Ability and desire to participate in project planning and scoping, both in a project kickoff role as well as a pre-sales role
• Ability to manage commitments across multiple projects
• Ability to communicate project exceptions (e.g. slipping schedules) to project manager
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Requires a bachelor degree in Computer Science and 6 plus years of consulting work experience
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Requires a bachelor degree in Computer Science and 8 plus years of consulting work experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top