Senior Application Developer
Looking for talented Back End Developers to be part of the IBM External Learning Team working on the Skills Gateway WebSite, underlying database, data feeds and Course Content Object Store set of applications. The overall application suite is going through a transformation effort and we need developers with skills in Cloud, DB2, SQL, Cloudant and Java. We are part of the CIO organization located in North Castle NY. We are moving our existing servers, data feeds and applications to the Cloud, additionally re-writing our object store database and application to utilize Cloud Object Store and looking for developers with Innovative skills who are up for the challenge to transform this set of applications onto the Cloud. This is a hands on position that requires broad IT architecture skills and strong development, integration, test, documentation and Cloud skills. We utilize an Agile Development environment so Agile skills and teaming would be a plus. We work closely with the Front End team in India and some cross over skills may be required. Candidates should have demonstrated communication skills to work across teams and with our customer sets.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Hands on coding establishing industry best practice for technology and design;
- Define infrastructure and reusable components as well as testing infrastructure for all sub projects;
- Work on a multidisciplinary team to architect, design, and delivery high quality product code.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design;
- Work with others developers to develop software in an agile continuous delivery development process;
- Work with and across a variety of web frameworks and toolkits.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Must have 5+ years of experience with the following:
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or closely related field;
- Web Front End Skills, React
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top