Senior Application Developer – Blockchain
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to discover new technologies and expand your skills. Do you want to be part of a highly talented team working with new and emerging technologies new business models that improve people's lives? IBM Global Business Services is looking for Blockchain Developers with experience in Financial Markets and one or more of the Blockchain technology platforms, such as Hyperledger Fabric or Ethereum to join our innovative team.
As our customer's needs grow and change, IBM is committed to developing a workforce that can grow and change accordingly. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, flexible team members who will embrace the opportunity, take ownership and want to be at the forefront of driving change in a working environment that enables smarter, collaborative, fact-based decisions, improves productivity and efficiency, and drives results while working in a dynamic team environment.
As an Blockchain Application Developer at IBM, you'll team with some of the best minds in the industry to create innovative high-quality solutions focused on clients' business needs. You'll do this using your systems knowledge and expertise to design and model applications, develop application solutions, and integrate them with packaged or legacy applications.
- Analyze the problem from a business and IT perspective;
- Help gather requirements for the proposed business solution;
- Help conceptualize and develop relevant use cases for client engagements: proof-of-concepts (POC), proof-of-value (POV), and production deployments;
- Design and develop exciting new innovative solutions with Blockchain / Distributed Ledger technologies (IBM and non-IBM);
- Lead development activities for the blockchain development team;
- Testing and deploying a Blockchain solution through all phases of a development life cycle;
- Assist with deployment of the application;
- Keep abreast of new technologies in the Blockchain space;
- Interact with the client and team to build solutions;
- Mentor junior developer.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years' experience with development process;
- At least 4 years of experience in an industry developing software;
- At least 2 year of experience Developing prototypes and proof of concept;
- At least 2 years of experience developing distributed applications and API integration;
- At least 2 years of experience using versioning tools (Github);
- At least 2 years of experience working in Agile/Scrum;
- At least 2 years of experience in database technologies (e.g. Couch DB/SQL);
- At least 1 year of experience with cryptography and public key infrastructure (PKI);
- At least 6 months experience developing Blockchain applications or proof-of-concepts (POCs) using Hyperledger Fabric or Ethereum or other blockchain platforms.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience developing applications using cloud based platforms/micro-services;
- You are involved in developer community groups;
- Mobile application development is a plus;
- Experience in Financial Services: Banking, Insurance, Capital markets;
- Experience with Hyperledger Fabric v1.0.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top