Senior Application Architect - OpenShift SME
Lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for architects with extensive experience of OpenShift.
In this role, you will lead cloud application implementation on top of OpenShift.
You will play a key role in our customers' evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses.
You will work to gain an understanding of customer infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions.
You will then build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing with OpenShift; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use OpenShift as PaaS to build solutions; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries
- Represent and facilitate OpenShift solution architecture in discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future OpenShift technologies
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings
- Explore and develop new technical skills, absorbing professional knowledge quickly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience with cloud solutions such as OpenShift and Ansible
* Experience with application development or application modernization using Microservices
* Knowledge of application architecture (application servers, integration patterns, microservices, JEE, CI / CD, build management etc.)
* Knowledge of and experience with PaaS and Kubernetes
* Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate with customers on a daily basis in Mandarin and English
* Solid project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Experience with IaaS
* At least 2 years experience in technical consulting and / or cloud advisory
* At least 2 years experience in building cloud applications
* At least 4 years development experience in Java and other languages
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience on sounds PaaS project is a plus
* EX288 certification is a plus
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top