Senior Application Architect - OpenShift SME
We are looking for architects with extensive experience of OpenShift.
In this role, you will lead cloud application implementation on top of OpenShift.
You will play a key role in our customers' evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses.
You will work to gain an understanding of customer infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions.
You will then build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing with OpenShift; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use OpenShift as PaaS to build solutions; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries
- Represent and facilitate OpenShift solution architecture in discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future OpenShift technologies
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings
- Explore and develop new technical skills, absorbing professional knowledge quickly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience with cloud solutions such as OpenShift and Ansible
* Experience with application development or application modernization using Microservices
* Knowledge of application architecture (application servers, integration patterns, microservices, JEE, CI / CD, build management etc.)
* Knowledge of and experience with PaaS and Kubernetes
* Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate with customers on a daily basis in Mandarin and English
* Solid project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Experience with IaaS
* At least 2 years experience in technical consulting and / or cloud advisory
* At least 2 years experience in building cloud applications
* At least 4 years development experience in Java and other languages
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
* Experience on sounds PaaS project is a plus
* EX288 certification is a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top