Security UI Designer
Location: Ottawa or Fredericton
The world of security is incredibly complex and layered...and it is rich with opportunity for design patents, unique interfaces and incredible data visualizations.
IBM Security is looking for a UX designer who has some true design chops and can work closely with a cross functional team to design products that are modern and user-friendly.
As a UX Designer, you are responsible for understanding the why, what and how of product use.
Through the interpretation and synthesis of research and requirements, you'll craft stories around intended experiences which connect people in meaningful, enduring ways with our products and services.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working alongside other design team members in supporting disciplines as well as interacting with a variety of other product team members. You will be responsible for developing story boards, wireframes and explorations that solve complex problems. You will play a key role in building experiences that help our customers ensure the security, stability and integrity of data controlled in their environment
- Work closely with user research and visual designers produce delightful workflows for our clients.
- Produce multiple explorations and work interactively with different teams on delivering projects for different platforms & devices
- A solid foundation in UX
- Exposure to multiple projects and work to define and enforce core design patterns
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
This role may involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Min 3-5 years in User Experience Design or similar field
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices
- Passion for solving problems with the end user in mind
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Diverse design portfolio representing work conducted for various different platforms and personas
- Previous experience closely collaborating with developers, designers, and other team members
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Technical background
- Experience designing enterprise applications
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Experience with user research
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top