In response to high demand seen by our Nordics clients acting on range of market drivers to move to cloud-based deployments we are looking for an experienced cloud security architect to join the IBM Security Services Europe (Nordics) team to enable clients as part of their multi-cloud deployments. This is expected to increasingly involve collaboration with IBM's other key business units, in particular: Global Technology Services (GTS), Global Business Services (GBS), IBM Cloud for example as part of a large move to cloud proposals or broader outsourcing arrangements.
As the primary focus of this role, candidates will be expected to design and implement security architectures (both "for cloud" and "in cloud") which will include the adoption of any native cloud security controls and non-native cloud security integrations, covering the full range of cloud service models within hybrid/multi-cloud environments. This includes IBMs own extended portfolio of hybrid cloud security offerings such as "Adaptive Cloud Security" in which successful candidates will receive valuable structured and on-the-job training and career development.
Candidates will also be expected to collaborate closely with other consultants within the various IBM sub-competencies, including the (Cloud) Security Strategy Risk and Compliance team to ensure that security architectures are designed in line with any cloud security strategy / roadmap that follows the client's security posture, with a particular focus on delivering continuous compliance.
Candidates will be expected to:
- Design and implement security architectures as part of client transformation projects that involve cloud deployments, to ensure that sustainable, risk-based security controls are adopted. These will include cloud native security services as well as traditional on-prem approaches, with the critical requirement of incorporating controls that optimise security and privacy by design while minimising impact to the organisation's mission and enabling any critical success factors for cloud migration (e.g. enabling digital transformation, enhancing service performance and elasticity, reducing Capex etc.).
- Assist in collaboratively designing right-sized security solutions for clients undergoing cloud migrations/transformations, as part of an engagement or pre-engagement design, bid and proposal activities.
Typical use cases will involve large outsourcing implementations or transformations that incorporate migration from on-premise services to various hybrid/multi-cloud environments.
Business Development and enablement
- Developing and marketing security collateral such as delivery frameworks, reference architectures and methodologies and other enablement material for IBM to use;
- Working with Europe solutions teams and the broader architecture communities across local Markets to drive deals that relate to cloud security transformation;
- Educating the security services and seller communities within the Nordics (and other) markets to enhance their understanding of Cloud Security / Cloud SSRC capabilities, offerings, client references and experiences;
- Acting as a senior thought leader in cloud security Architecture and SSRC domains externally in marketing events and industry conferences;
- Working closely with the global, regional and local solution design teams to develop client proposals and SOWs and presenting to key client stakeholders / executives, including C-suite and the Board;
- Providing global practice leadership by facilitating a community of like-minded practitioners to share and exchange ideas for practice growth and improvement
- Contribute content and advice to the offering development process
- Help shape the emerging model of the regionals Security practice
- Help establish capability and skills models for the core domain
- Become a role model for European and global practitioners in the core domain
- Be a focal point to interview as part of practice building
The candidate shall preferably be a Nordic citizen.
- Projects will be based often on client premises, so the ability and willingness to travel both within the Nordics and other European locations is an essential requirement (up to 75% short-haul).
- While experience of designing/implementing any architectures that incorporate of IBM's native cloud or other security portfolio offerings is not expected, it is recommended that prior to interview candidates have performed sufficient research to demonstrate their interest in IBM Security services and solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experienced in management consulting, security consulting or systems integration in a top tier professional services firms or similar experience
- Experienced in working in large programs or projects related to the core domain
- Experienced working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Experience working with Security practitioners
- Readiness to travel 50-75% (short-haul - Europe only)
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Secondary language
- Financial Services knowledge / experience
- Experience in working with security consulting teams
- Experience in working in international deployment roles
- Experience in management consulting
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top