Security Test Engineer / IT Technical Support Specialist
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this exciting role you will have up to 5 years of progressive experience.
- Provide midlevel analytical and problem-solving skills when addressing and resolving issues, assessing impacts, and recommending technical solutions.
- The security test engineer acts as a subject matter expert in IC test activities and provide resource planning support for all test events.
- You will have expertise in creating/modifying test plans and procedures, producing reports, and is experienced with IC characterization.
- Will be responsible for ensuring all test equipment is properly maintained by support staff and properly equipped for all required test activity.
- K nowledge of semiconductor manufacturing or software programs is a must.
- Requires interfacing with design engineers, project managers, third-party test engineers, operators, and maintenance personnel.
- You will provide disposition of products and acts as an interface to production to help determine what is impacting quality or shipments.
- Information Assurance skills are highly desired, as are auditing and experience with continuous monitoring and security event detection and response.
- Other responsibilities include; maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures, perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning, perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions, repair and recover from hardware or software failures as well as create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Experience with Certification and Accreditation standards and documentation would also be beneficial (NIST 800-53 in particular) and DSS National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Government security clearance.
- The execution of all duties and responsibilities for this position requires the candidates to be physically present in the Burlington, VT location.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Interface between customers and production (25%)
- Wafer/Module Characterization, Data Analysis, and Dispositioning
- Systems setup and support
- Implement and maintain the security requirements as defined by the client
- Risk Analysis and Management
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Manufacturing production flow and prioritization experience (3 years)
Semiconductor Manufacturing Experience / Theory (3 years)
Basic electronics (3 years)
Advanced MS Office Proficiency (3 years)
Current DoD Government Security Clearance (active within last 2 years)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- SME in IC Test Activities
Security and Information Assurance skills
Linux and Windows experience (3 years)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
About Business Unit
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies
Your Life @ IBM
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top