Security Software Developer
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM® Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts, so come make a difference & build a career.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Security Software Developer will be an integral member of the highly experienced Security Intelligence Product Security Team that is responsible for the overall security disposition of the QRadar product. To fulfill this role, we are seeking a seasoned, successful, talented, and passionate security professional to join our team.
- Participate in FIPS, NIST, STIG, Common Criteria and other compliance certifications.
- Design and implement compliance feature requirements.
- Develop and review compliance test cases.
- Maintain existing product security requirements.
- Complete security specific feature enhancements.
- Remediate security defects.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience implementing FIPS, STIG, NIST, Common Criteria/EAL compliance requirements.
- Security vulnerability assessments and remediation techniques.
- Cryptography experience.
- Technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Experience with Cloud platforms and related technologies
- AWS, Azure, GCP
- Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Various hypervisors (VMware, KVM, HyperV)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 3+ years' equivalent technology experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated software development proficiency (C/C++, Python, Perl, Java, server-side Java, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Development experience on Linux/UNIX platforms.
- Administration aspects of Linux
- Experience in platform-level security mitigations and hardening for Linux.
- Experience with internals of Linux distributions
- Comprehension of algorithms and processes for programmatic automation via scripting or programming languages (Python, Ruby, shell, perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of standards for authentication and authorization
- Developing and delivering security software tools.
- Understanding of web application architecture and security issues (e.g. OWASP Top Ten)
- Familiarity with Java security, J2SE and JAAS
- Familiarity with operating systems and development tools such as eclipse and ant
- Experience with web application servers (e.g. Tomcat, Websphere and Oracle)
- Database familiarity and experience using Postgres
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely. Join our global team of IBM Security employees in protecting the world, and helping our clients thrive in the face of cyber uncertainty.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
.IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top